it is what it is.

i forgot my camera when we went to the zoo.  it allowed me to be in the moment more... 
without the big camera around my neck.  or searching for it.  or hiding behind it.

it started raining [a lot] on our way there.  we pulled in as tons of cars pulled out leaving.  it wasn't
too hot, too crowed or too wet.  there were puddles to splash in and fun indoor areas to play.

even though i'm a really light packer anytime, i didn't bring even one diaper with us.  whoops.
one baby stays super dry anyway and the other got a pull-up found stashed in the vehicle console.
i'm sure we could have gotten one from a shop or another mom if needed.

i didn't even really think about any of these things until i just sat down to upload the pictures
from my phone.  life just is what it is.  and what it is is fun.  and sometimes not always
perfectly planned out.  
yet? perfect anyway.

Comments

  1. Yet another beautiful post, Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! I love that you went to the zoo with two babies and didn't bring diapers! I just needed to know that. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your life is so lovely and colorful and like Steph said, so lifey.

    Happy June!

    Bri

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just started following your blog when I saw you post on the MJC blog. Are you at Brookfield Zoo? It looks very familiar to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The last trip we made to Florida to see my parents, I didn't take my camera. And I was sad about it, but then I felt so free! Interesting ;)
    What a fun trip! Happy June!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like to leave my camera at home too...I agree that sometimes being in the moment is the best! Looks like a perfect day! I love days like that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so enjoy your blog. It's so different, it's always a breath of fresh air. With each child the Lord has blessed me with, I've learned to enjoy them more and accept that "it is what it is". You can't put a price on being in the moment. I've finally joined the blogworld...
    www.johnsonfamily-outoftheboat.blogspot.com
    Blessings,
    Mandi

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to try to channel you next week when we head to Michigan City for our family vacation. Just enjoy every moment and not sweat the small stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your blog!

    I also have found that leaving the camera behind is sometimes the best thing to do! It lets me be more in the now with my kids and enjoying them and the fun they're having instead of trying to capture that perfect shot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. how fun...love the polka dot skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your pictures are still beautiful, even with the iphone...because they capture the little beautiful moments in your day. You are so great at that.

    I have purposely chosen to leave my camera at home this week, as we've started our summer fun, because I, too, find myself trapped in the thought of thinking more about my camera and capturing the cuteness of my kids. It's been so nice to just enjoy my kids, and take little pictures in my head of the sweet moments. :)

    Love your sweet family, and all the fun inspiration you give all of us!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts