on moms.


i'm 30 years old and have 5 children, yet somehow "mom" seems like a bit of a foreign concept to me.
i mean, i do mom.  sometimes i even do mom pretty well, 
but i honestly forget that i have to be so grown up sometimes.

i remember so freshly some of the things about my mom that 
i'm beginning to see our kids remembering.

i remember how young & pretty she was when she'd pick us up from school in Lake Victoria. 
i remember how she never yelled.  not once.  
i remember a scene at the grocery store that i basically just re-enacted with chloe.
it involved hurrying out of the store & talks about womanhood.
[and how it sometimes catches you off guard.]
i remember her paying us quarters to practice french braiding our hair.
i remember her filling up an inflatable baby pool in the summer & sunbathing in it.
i remember how i would know the way i was talking was breaking her heart, 
but she was the person who i could trust would always love me anyway.

i'm so very thankful for the chance to be mom to these 5 kids.  
i'm so thankful that they get to have my mom as nana.

it is a surprisingly wonderful feeling to have 5 little parts of your heart
walking around separate from you.
i pray i can do this amazing calling justice.
that our children can know... 
how loved they are.
how treasured they are.
how they have a great plan that they were made for
in His image.


happy mother's day, friends.
if you are missing your kiddos or longing for them,
i'm praying especially for you tonight.

Comments

  1. Smiles and Hugs. From one mommy to another! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "i remember how i would know the way i was talking was breaking her heart, but she was the person who i could trust would always love me anyway.".... I LOVE that - it's so true.

    You are a wonderful mom and I'm sure your mom must be so proud of you.

    Happy Mother's Day to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww...what a great post and great pics! Love it! makes me even more excited to become a mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happiest Mother's Day, dear friend.

    Bri

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it is funny that our mother's day post or on opposite end of the spectrum. I am so happy for you and your sweet family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the picture with the kids and your yellow dress...beautiful post, Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You do it justice, Love. Trust me.

    I love your dress. (and u)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, I think this post is great. And I think it is wonderful to forget to be grown-up! That's what I forget to do sometimes....in fact, MOST times I think I act too grown-up. :0( When my kids were little I crawled around on the floor playing chase and hide-n-seek and sang to them every time I rocked them to sleep. But when they get more independent it seems like that goes, sadly. I guess it's a choice I make and I want my boys (and soon-to-be-girl) to remember all of the fun we had together. So keep it up! :0)(((Hugs)))

    Oh, and I wanted to let you know I finally got our t-shirts if you want to check them out.

    Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful...words and images. I think you are an amazing example of a mother!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, I think that you are a great mom and I really enjoy reading your blog. I have a few parenting questions...I can not seem to find your email. Do you think you could email me so then I could ask you a couple questions? I would really appreciate it! My email is jessicarose0814 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful , just beautiful! i hope your day was perfect! mine was ... i spent the day with my children and husband, saw my mom and mom-in-law and got the best handmade gifts ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks, everyone!

    jessica--my contact info is on my "about" page. i'll e-mail you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I found it after I asked that question :) I am not too tech savvy! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Did you get a Vera Bradly bag?? I love that print:) Sounds like a fabulous Mother's Day!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts