i think this is my 1st rambling post.

you know when you have a lot to say, but you can't say anything?  i'm going to try a stream of conscious.  it's past 2am [this makes me think of Matchbox 20.  that's silly though, because that's 3am].  i'm caught in a cycle of i'm-so-tired-but-i-can't-sleep lately.  i think it is the excedrin.  i'm in double digits for days of a consecutive headache, but i'm not puking so i consider it livable.  i went out with my girlfriends this weekend.  blogging is so weird for me right now.  but, then, i'm with my girls;  the ones that were brought into my life through blogging and i'm so thankful.  thankful that we have each other.  thankful that we know.  we just know.  we celebrated donya's birthday.  wait!  we actually got a decent picture this time.  last time we tried and the lady must have been the worst picture taker on the planet.  actually, i'm not sure she'd ever held a camera.  anyway....my lovelies:

erin, sarah, steph, beth, donya w/ eden, me

i love them all for special, specific reasons.  and we need each other, you know?  everyone needs this.  on the other hand, if i'm totally honest, that is where some other relationships have gotten a little
weird.  well, maybe not weird, but where i tend to hold back more.  it is a strange feeling for someone
to know you so intimately when you don't know them that way.  sure, there are definitely things that aren't said on this blog, but for the most part, there are a lot of things said here that wouldn't
necessarily be spoken out of my mouth.  this?  these pictures and these words that are here?
they are my heart.  
ok, switching subjects here.  we went to the farmer's market this weekend.  it was so simple and
 so beautiful.  chloe & anika carried around their re-usable bags as we filled them with organic asparagus, green onions, fresh bread and this amazing blue cheese that we melted over grilled steaks
that night.  it was perfect.  i finally bought some peony bushes.  i actually dislike any bushes, but i
love cut peonies so much that i'm now overlooking their big, wild, bushiness.  we planted today.  a lot.
i totally have to try to sleep now.  i do say 'totally' a lot in real life.  and when i almost cuss about something i instead say, 
"shhhh-ugar!!"  seriously.  it's reaction.  [and i used to make fun of my mom for it.]  hope you enjoy
your monday as we remember the people that afford us this freedom-filled life we know.    

Comments

  1. I love reading your blog~and you totally don't know me~yet you sort of do. You are so much better verzion of myself now. When I was in the heat of raising the children, I am a grama of 3 now, I was overwhelmed by the suppose
    to(s.) Even as a Christian, I really went into survival mode. There really wasn't anyone much interested in my life. I am here to encourage you that your joy in real life is totally my heart, now. Life is too short as is raising children and I greatly appreaciate your heart! My father was struck with a death sentence at 45 (Lupus)that contributed to his death at 56. This disease runs pretty strong in his family line we discovered after he was the first to be diagnosised in the family. A couple years before I approached 45, I felt a sense of dread and I realized I needed to on purpose switch my thoughts to celebrating life! So when I reached 44, I said woohoo only 1 year until I am 1/2 of 90! I said it often and people were amazed that I was thrilled to say it! And it worked. Now I am saying only 3 yrs & 2 months and I'll be 50!! It's a challenge to enjoy life after so many years of being miserable but reading posts like yours helps so much! Most people find the new improved Sarah unbelievable and are drawn to the positive. I know it's Christ in me that has produced this transformation and is drawing their curiosity. I guess I may seem like I am rambling but I just wanted to encourage you to keep pressing on! I love to read your posts and see your pictures (I started just before you went to Africa the first time to meet your son Clayton whom the Lord choose for you.) Literally it (your love, joy & positive attitude & your honesty) has been contagious! You don't know me but I appreciate you so much! God bless you sweet Love. Sarah Johns

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK so I really meant version not verizon, I think. One last thought, growing up I felt more of a burden than a treasure and I tried to impart to my children that they were a treasure but to my dismay ended up divorced and remarried with stepchildren and I was jekel & hyde too much. God's grace has been incredible and he is healing many of the wounds I afflicted slowly. I appreciate your imparting the tresure your children are now while they are young. I appreciate you are teaching them about the love not religion of Christ and are also teaching them responsibility as well. Again God bless! Thank you for sharing transparently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when you ramble! :) And that is a great photo of us.

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you. I love that picture, especially since it appears that I'm having a food baby. And also, Sarah, I'm sorry for putting my boobs into your arm.
    And also, again? I love you. I am so glad to have you in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is a great photo and you should ramble more, totally.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Love. I could RAMBLE on an on about my mixed feelings on social media. But I wont. I'll just say, I can't deny that who I am is partly because of who YOU are here. And I thank you for that.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet photos AND ramblings. Have a lovely day friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this...isn't it great to have friends you know you can count on?!!! I'd love to get me a few like YOU!!!

    My Mom, when she feels like cussing, says "Dirty Word!" instead of the actual dirty word. Cracks me up every time! I need to try it or Shhhhhugar next time I'm so inclined! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know how much I agree with everything you've written here. Our friendship is such a gift - SUCH A GIFT - it makes my heart happy knowing that chance (& blogging) brought us together.

    That picture? IS.AWESOME. GO KENNY CHESNEY!

    Also, remember when Stephanie called Renee Zellweger "Robin?" That was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. erin--i was thinking, "man, i stood really far away from donya!" i realize that it was so i didn't smoosh into her ala YOU! =)

    i'd totally forgotten about "robin".....awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your rambling.
    This picture is awesome.
    And it makes me jealous because I miss you guys.
    But mostly just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a great picture. I love our 2 peony bushes too...I cut some the other day to bring inside! They are so fragrant! Hope you get lots of blooms soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. (i say totally a lot in real life, too. Totally.)

    (and awesome. and perfect.)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ramble away sweet friend, ramble away. Love the picture of you and some of your buds...so sweet...there is nothing like a time with girlfriends...glad you're my girlfriend from afar...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Half of my blog is rambling. It's all I have left most of the time. And oh, I wish I lived closer to you all!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts