hopeful.
oh, our sweet bianca. my goodness is she loved!
i need to be honest with you. well, i'm ALWAYS honest with you, but i guess i need to
say something that is hard for me to say here. i don't want to sound ungrateful or unsatisfied
or inconsiderate. i don't think i'm any of those things, but my heart....the very deepest part of it....
knows that bianca isn't our last baby.
YES, we have 5 children. YES, they are ages six and under. YES, it is [sometimes] crazy,
loud & a lot of work. YES, i realize how badly some people long for even one child.
[i am praying for YOU.]
is it possible to be content, yet know that there is something else coming for you, too? i am
definitely a lover of teeny-tiny babies, but that isn't the ONLY reason. i know babies grow. i
WANT another weeble-wobbler walker, another boundary-testing 3 year old, another
learning-the-world-is-bigger-than-just-me 6 year old, YES EVEN another
these-are-hard-years teenager. i want to set another place at the table
for our 6th [and 7th & 8th?!] child's family
to come home to when they're grown.
our children are treasures. i enjoy them and love them so much & they are the only
gifts that we get to take with us forever. it's not that our other 5 children
aren't enough. it is the exact opposite. they are so much that i can't imagine
saying no to loving another child.
i don't know if this desire will ever go away, but as long as we have room in our
hearts and our home....i don't really care. my heart is ready. i hope
that my "home" is soon to follow.
my laptop is at the doctor. i hope she is well soon. until then, i have no editing software & it is very hard to do anything. well, except
laundry and weeding flower beds. i was very good at that today. = )
i need to be honest with you. well, i'm ALWAYS honest with you, but i guess i need to
say something that is hard for me to say here. i don't want to sound ungrateful or unsatisfied
or inconsiderate. i don't think i'm any of those things, but my heart....the very deepest part of it....
knows that bianca isn't our last baby.
YES, we have 5 children. YES, they are ages six and under. YES, it is [sometimes] crazy,
loud & a lot of work. YES, i realize how badly some people long for even one child.
[i am praying for YOU.]
is it possible to be content, yet know that there is something else coming for you, too? i am
definitely a lover of teeny-tiny babies, but that isn't the ONLY reason. i know babies grow. i
WANT another weeble-wobbler walker, another boundary-testing 3 year old, another
learning-the-world-is-bigger-than-just-me 6 year old, YES EVEN another
these-are-hard-years teenager. i want to set another place at the table
for our 6th [and 7th & 8th?!] child's family
to come home to when they're grown.
our children are treasures. i enjoy them and love them so much & they are the only
gifts that we get to take with us forever. it's not that our other 5 children
aren't enough. it is the exact opposite. they are so much that i can't imagine
saying no to loving another child.
i don't know if this desire will ever go away, but as long as we have room in our
hearts and our home....i don't really care. my heart is ready. i hope
that my "home" is soon to follow.
my laptop is at the doctor. i hope she is well soon. until then, i have no editing software & it is very hard to do anything. well, except
laundry and weeding flower beds. i was very good at that today. = )


I hope for you, too. And I understand with my whole heart.
ReplyDeleteSteph
I so understand this, friend. Thank you for sharing your beautiful and honest heart.
ReplyDeleteBri
I hear you my friend!
ReplyDeleteOh, I know how you feel. I only have 1 baby so far, but I want many more. My husband says 2 is enough. We will see. I think it would be just hilarious if we had multiples the next time around!
ReplyDeleteAmen - bring on the blessings.
ReplyDeleteThese honest words of your's match my own thoughts and feelings. I can't wait to see God's plan for your sweet family as it unfolds.
ReplyDeleteI don't know you but I'm beginning to see that your name suits you perfectly.
ReplyDeleteI hope you're able to fill your home with more blessings.
Whatever the Good Lord has planned for you, it will be! You have a beautiful heart and home and I'm sure many more blessing will come your way!
ReplyDeleteWith three, I feel the same. I'm not sure if I'd feel the same no matter how many babies we had, but I sure feel that way now.
ReplyDeleteI wish the best for you.
-elizabeth
However many babies end up under your roof, they will be lucky, blessed, loved babies. I hope you get all that your heart desires!!
ReplyDeleteYour heart always knows what is right. And that it is worth all the chaos and the crazies and any comments you get to the contrary. :) And eventually, people either quit asking "aren't you done YET?" or just quit being shocked when you announce another one. lol
ReplyDeleteI have four, and I understand so much that my belly aches.
ReplyDeleteHi Love,
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by my blog and leaving some kind thoughts, it is sincerely appreciated.
Lisa.x
Oh how I understand, oh yes... It is one of my greatest fears to have that overwhelming desire for another child in my heart and to never be able to fill it. I pray that day never comes. Even though I trust in God and his plan, will I understand and be able to come to terms when the time comes to "be done"? Sniff, Sniff... I pray for you and your family that you may set that 6th child's seat at the table... XOXO, Kate
ReplyDeleteI'm so inspired by your hopes for your family, they reflect my hopes for my future family. Thank you so much for sharing your love with all of us!
ReplyDeleteI understand completely with all of my heart.
ReplyDeleteI'll never be "done". My hubby was done after 2 but God had a different plan for our family {for which I am SO SO thankful!} We don't even have 4 home yet and a few weeks ago I was planning on how/when to start working on 5.
ReplyDeleteSo thankful for your loving spirit :)
Jenn
You are such a great Mom...it's so evident with every post. You should have as many children as the Good Lord allows.
ReplyDeleteMy "baby" is 3 1/2 and I occassionaly feel a teenie-tiny "twinge" but not like I used to. Four seems to be a great number for us, but if God has another plan, it'd be all good. Except for the all-day sickness that gets so bad I need IV fluids and constant pump medication just to function. Yeah, that was not so good! Sometimes I look back and can't believe I went through that 4 times and wonder how on earth I did it! I know that is what holds me back, and that I am 38 and TIRED!!! ;)
Then I long to adopt a son so my only boy can have a brother and we can have 2 sons to love and watch them grow together. Unfortunately, my hubby isn't there yet and I just keep praying...
I always knew in my heart I wasn't done. I wondered if it would ever happen, between illnesses, new jobs, etc it took 13 years! We now have a beautiful, wonderful, loving joy of a baby girl. My kids are 17, 14, 13 & 5 months. So, I am doing college visits with one and nursing another and I couldn't be happier. As far as the teenage years. I LOVE them, so much fun! Different challenges, but absolutely wonderful. I couldn't be happier...unless I have another! :)
ReplyDeleteMy laptop is also broken, but my laundry is still undone. Can you come over to my house and do my laundry, too?
ReplyDeleteAnd I so get this. I don't want another baby RIGHT NOW, mainly because I'm so exhausted... but yet, I know I want more babies. And I wonder if I'll ever feel DONE.
My laptop is also broken, but my laundry is still undone. Can you come over to my house and do my laundry, too?
ReplyDeleteAnd I so get this. I don't want another baby RIGHT NOW, mainly because I'm so exhausted... but yet, I know I want more babies. And I wonder if I'll ever feel DONE.
oh ! you hit the nail on the head to day! i am almost 31 weeks pregnant and have these thoughts often. i know that i probably won't feel our family is complete even though this will be baby #5. but i sure am going to enjoy every baby moment:)
ReplyDelete... our laundry is never ending here too as we have ages 6 and under:)
That sounds exactly like something an older, married me would write and say. I am a lover of teeny tiny babies. Anyone who knows me will tell you that. I also love to watch those teeny tiny babies bloom and spread their wings.
ReplyDelete