fresh cut.
the "big" girls each bring a flower for their teachers tomorrow.
each student does that to make a bouquet for
staff appreciation day.
[appreciation doesn't even seem like a strong enough word for the way i feel about good teachers.]
we bought this bouquet to give their teachers the
orange lillies.
i love to buy these bouquets and split them up
into little bouquets of
all the same flower.
[clay liked it, too.]
we spread them all over the house
for fresh cheer.
::sigh::
i can feel it.



this is an excellent idea. I am heading out today and I think I am going to get a couple of boquets and just put them all over the house. I never buy flowers, but I love it when I have them.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the lovely idea!
I love the way fresh flowers transform a home! There's something so soothing about them. I need more now that my Easter flowers have spent... Oh, and I love the little jar on the sink! I love to find different little containers. My favorites that I have a old tarnished silver salt and pepper shakers that only hold one bloom... :)
ReplyDeleteThis post made me smile! Smells like summer is in the air.
ReplyDeleteI split my bouquets up too! I LOVE the photo of Clay smelling the roses! Precious!
ReplyDeleteI love those lavnedar roses, and your little one smelling them, just precious!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, I just LOVE those lavender roses! You have some lovely shots.
ReplyDeleteThis is such an excellent, amazing idea. Your blog just hit me upside the head and said, "DUH!" Metaphorically speaking, of course. ;)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful. I like to keep little flowers in small glass vases, too. It just makes life that much happier.
ReplyDeleteAnd I love what your school does for staff appreciation day. I can almost positively say that I won't receive anything, except for hopefully at some point in the day the knowledge that I am appreciated by SOMEONE, somewhere.
Love what you do! Great decorating idea!
ReplyDeleteClay smelling the flowers...love it!
I swear you and I are sisters separated at birth.
ReplyDeleteJUST blogged about simple happinesses - fresh cut blooms being one of my favorites!
Love you.
Those lavender roses are to die for. And Clay? Darling.
ReplyDeleteI am not a rose lover, but you got me sold on those lavender ones! What are they called?!?
ReplyDeletebec--i'm not a rose lover either! i have fallen in love with this color though, too! i don't know what they're called, they were just in the big bunch we bought.
ReplyDeletei got 9 vases out of this $8.00 bouquet! =)
happy day, friends!
I always split up bouquets and make tiny vases of matchy-matchy.
ReplyDeleteSO PRETTY! I can almost smell them now!
ReplyDeleteI don't think I've ever seen a lavender rose before.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photos!
Love fresh cut flowers in my home. They add so much and put me in a better mood!
ReplyDeletegreat pictures!
Love it, in particular the flowers in the bathroom! I need to do something like that in my home to bring some spring inside.
ReplyDeleteGreat shots!
I currently have dying flowers...do they count ;)
ReplyDeleteThose flowers look gorgeous, I love the idea of buying a bunch of flowers and splitting them up. So simple, and effective. Thanks for the idea!
I have a million little vases...my husband does not understand.
ReplyDeleteI also love that your school does something for the staff. As a teacher myself, I sometimes feel very burned out spending all my energy on other people's kids. It's nice to be appreciated! I hope your kids teachers know how lucky they are!
i have to get a few of those mini vases! i love it that clayton is enjoying the flowers too.
ReplyDeleteYou just gave us two excellent ideas! I LOVE the idea of each child bringing in a flower to make up a big bouquet. I may need to use that one for the end of the year!
ReplyDeleteAnd I also like how you split up bouquets to enjoy throughout the house. I'm gonna have to try that one soon!
And how cute is Clayton smelling those roses?!
Great idea. I love the purple bouquets taht you created.
ReplyDeleteThay are beautiful
ReplyDeleteI do the same thing....I want to see flowers all over my house and someday I will have a HUGE flower garden so I can! :) Today we have lilacs friends have brought us this week in about 7 jars around here...pure joy!
ReplyDeleteyour post made me smile. i'm a fourth grade teacher - and it feels sO good when parents send in little thank yous! like that.. always makes my day.. my week in fact!! The vases in my bathroom lOVe those too!
ReplyDelete