because we can.
I know not everyone that comes here prays or even believes in prayer and that is okay. Today though? I need to talk about it.
I have seen the power of prayer. I have even seen it change officials hearts and minds in another country....right before my very eyes. [more times than once.] I know how discombobulated I feel without it and the lessons I learn through it. I've also been convicted in my past of telling someone that I would pray for them, then forgetting. That is one of the main reasons that I have a prayer journal.
The other reason is because it is amazing to look back through them and see how God answers prayers. It may not be in the way we thought we wanted, but always for our good and His glory.
The other reason is because it is amazing to look back through them and see how God answers prayers. It may not be in the way we thought we wanted, but always for our good and His glory.
Although I do pray for everyone that reads my blog anyway, I thought it'd be nice to leave specific prayers. So, if you have something you'd like prayer about, please leave it in the comments. I will be praying for each and every one. If you feel led, you're welcome to also!
God's will will always be done, but He delights in hearing from us and our voices are strong together. We pray because we can. Also, just imagine what our earthly relationships would be like if we never communicated! He wants to hear from us. And I want to pray for you.
God's will will always be done, but He delights in hearing from us and our voices are strong together. We pray because we can. Also, just imagine what our earthly relationships would be like if we never communicated! He wants to hear from us. And I want to pray for you.
[even if you don't have a blog, all you have to do is click the "name" option in the comments section. anyone can leave a comment.]

marriage/fertility struggles
ReplyDeletebtw~ thank you!
ReplyDeleteMy friend Samantha and her health. She is so much on my mind...
ReplyDeleteOh, Love. I love this.
ReplyDeleteI'm scared of having this baby. SCARED. Not of bringing her home from the hospital, not of the 2/3/4/5/6 am wake up calls. I'm scared something is going to happen to us while we're at the hospital.
I know that God says "Do not be afraid", but it's so hard. I know I have to trust Him. I KNOW that He will be there, and that His will be done. But man, I'm scared.
Thank you.
Will you pray for my sisters? They are single, and it is not easy for them, at all. I just want them to have their hearts' desires. And peace, so much peace.
ReplyDeleteYou know mostly about things with our adoption and Russia right now, it's obviously out of our hands (and always has been), but having to prepare our son for the potential loss of his little sister is not something I would wish anyone to go through. I don't know how God is going to answer, but if you could keep my son in your prayers that would be so very much appreciated. :)
ReplyDeleteThank you and I will continue to pray for your little man and the family.
You know what I'm praying for, right? :)
ReplyDeleteAnd also that Jason and I continue to be best friends and so close through this infertility journey; I know so many couples whose marriage hasn't survived and I'm so thankful that we are doing so well and are such a team. So prayers of thanksgiving for THAT! :)
xoxo, you sweet lady! :)
I had a miscarriage last week at 15 wks after loosing one of my twins at 19 weeks 2.5 years ago. I am so sad and feel so empty. I have four beautiful healthy children...but hubby and I feel like we were meant to have more. I am scared of never feeling normal again.
ReplyDeleteI know my God and He is a God of love and he will redeem this but I am so so sad right now!
Please pray for comfort, peace and strength for me and my family.
Thank you
Jen
(@jenchic on twitter)
Thanks for doing this. Prayers for our house to sell or somehow God provides for our house payment to be cut in half and to be able to afford our adoption and more to come, and also for my husband and his job(chief of police) and the bad situation(sexual predator) going on right now at work and for speedy paperwork for our Dossier to be to Ethiopia by June and for God to provide for this adoption! Thanks so much! Many Blessings
ReplyDeleteJill
www.campfunk.blogspot.com
Thank you so much for doing this! Would you pray for my 1 year old daughter? She has a cyst on her neck that will have to be surgically removed and she also looks like she might be bow-legged. Please pray for her healing.
ReplyDeleteI am one of the ones that doesn't pray but my brother has recently claimed to have found faith and it and the way it's come about has resulted in quite a struggle among my family that none of us wished for. So if you could please pray for my brother... and for me, I've been struggling personally as well. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteMy sister just got a pregnancy result that we hope sticks. After three years of trying...I have been praying constantly and would love the help.
ReplyDeletePosts like this are one reason I absolutely love you, even though I've never met you. Oh, your heart is so beautiful.
ReplyDeleteWe are struggling with Embassy issues for our Ethiopian adoption of our twin 6 year old boys. We passed court on 3/26, so they are OURS, but the Embassy is not acknowledging that they have our updated home study, therefore we can't complete our Embassy interview apt. and bring them home. We've got the Senator involved and the whole 9 yards, yet nothing seems to be budging... prayer please, I'm so ready to have my two newest sons in my arms!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you! I'll be adding the other prayer requests to my prayer journal as well!
I would really love prayer for my marriage. We don't have any big struggles or issues going on, just like wearing on us. I would greatly appreciate any prayers for us! Thanks!
ReplyDeletedelaney_suzanne at yahoo dot com
Love, what a fantastic idea. And, for those going through fertility and miscarriage issues, I will be especially praying for you by name. REading your comments here just broke my heart..I've been there. :( Miscarriage is so incredibly hard, and my heart hurts for you.
ReplyDeleteFor the mission team going in 11 Days!! Thanks Love, praying for you too!
ReplyDeleteHere is the mission team blog www.goseeserve.blogspot.com - they hope to update while there.
There a 4 men with their hearts open to adoption - pray that God would clearly show them and pave a way, you know how stressful that can be!
Love you!
Sha
I don't need any prayers right now.
ReplyDeleteBut my friend BB is first on my prayer list.
She miscarried
Had one beautiful baby by IVF
Good IVF, miscarriage
Failed FET
Fourth IVF resulted in twin pregnancy. Lost one of the twins in the last week.
She has an ultrasound tomorrow to check on the other baby. I'm praying there is a little heartbeat.
Please pray that my doctors can figure out what's wrong with my colon, that they have the wisdom and the smarts to help it as best as possible. 2 years is long enough to be sick... 27 doctors and 2 surgeries later... my colon is still bad. They removed 90% of it last year… and the 1ft that they left in also is also not functioning. I don't expect a miracle... all I want is for my docs to find out why and fix me! : ) Thank You very, very, very much!!
ReplyDeleteOur adoption :) You know the 'hold up' praying for release, in the name of JESUS! Thanks~!
ReplyDeleteI could use clarity, comfort and peace in a large decision we need to make.
ReplyDeleteThanks Love!
Parenting strong-willed children. I know they have the potential to change the world but my husband and I are exhausted, and need encouragement and wisdom in how to raise them.
ReplyDeleteOne of my favorite things about the power of prayer is that someone just saying that they will pray for you is comfort in itself. Thank you for that :)
ReplyDeleteI pray for a baby, but even more for peace, strength and patience through infertility.
Thank you for lifting up all these prayers to God. I know God will hear all the prayers brought before him on behalf of his beloved children.
ReplyDeleteThe prayer request I have is for my dad specifically and family in general. Our family was shocked yesterday to learn that my 51-year-old dad has terminal, non-curable, cancer. For something that started out as him being sick on Sunday, to emergency surgery Sunday evening, to the doctors not being able to get the overwhelming amount of tumors they found after they only went in to remove the one tumor they thought there was...needless to say we are shocked and devastated. We have learned we have up to a year; and if he takes well to the tumor growth-slowing treatment we may be blessed with up to five. Right now we have no choice but to take it a day at a time. Thankfully God has blessed us with an amazing church family and local community. They are all uplifting their beloved minister and his family up in prayer and support and we know that prayer is ever so important, especially now. So if you would add my dad and our family to your prayers we will be forever grateful.
Love, you have such a pure, kind heart. Thank you so much for doing this, and for being a light and blessing to others.
ReplyDeleteI have nothing major, but I've been so convicted of many things this past year that I want to change and implement within myself and family. Little things, big things, just many things that I'm very excited about. It's a little overwhelming! Homeschooling being a main thing... Do you have an update with you and that, by the way? I've prayed for you... :)
Blessings! Kate
I just want to tell you that I admire you and love you.
ReplyDeleteLove - you are amazing.
YOU and your sweet ones are always in my prayers.
xoxo
for a job. interview on Thursday and we close on our house on Friday... 6 months of searching and very little out there. Thanks for doing this, I will also scroll through the comments and pray for everyone too. What a thoughtful way to reach out.
ReplyDeleteThis is very thoughtful and touching. I know that prayer definitely makes a difference. What I need prayer for right now is family finances...Thank you.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE this post!
ReplyDeleteWe recently found out that our little baby due in August has a fairly severe form of hydrocephalus. We've had the dire prospect conversations, the "prepare now for the worst" and the offer to jsut go ahead and terminate- the whole shebang....it's been so trying. But I can tell you that the prayers of our friends and family, and even complete strangers have very truly carried us through these weeks since this diagnosis! It is very much a miracle that we have been able to focus on the joy that this baby brings us now before he is even here, and the many blessings that have been poured upon us in the past month. It is prayer that helps me through the days when the very real possibility of losing this baby boy just seems too much to bear. The power of prayer is so very real and so very amazing!
Reading through all of the need and the longing from those that have posted here is so humbling....and though prayer doesn't always bring us the answer or the timing we might want, it always brings us the comfort we need!
I am sure that all of us that have commented here will be praying for you and for each other. Thank you!
AMEN!
ReplyDeletewhat a blessing you are to hundreds of people! God, through prayer kept me sane on my flights this past weekend :)
btw, loved seeing the word discombobulated in print...
praying for you and yours.
Liz
you are a true gem, love. this is an amazing idea. i may have to steal it.
ReplyDeletehere's my list:
1.) direction and provision and wisdom on adoption
2.) provision for a difficult financial situation that has not budged in going on two years
3.) wisdom and strength and anointing for my husband as he takes over a new (additional) ministry
4.) for family members at war (anyone else have those?)
i will be praying for the other commenters as well. the number of people who posted about infertility/miscarriage is astounding. and heartbreaking.
and what can i pray for YOU about?
Thank you for the offer of a prayer!!! What a wonderful thing, to pray for all of your readers!
ReplyDeleteI am feeling a call in my heart to adopt a child. I feel it so strongly, but my husband is dead set against it. If you could pray that he has a change of heart, it would mean the world to me! This has been such a strain between us, and I would for us to find a way to resolve it.
Thank you for the prayer...I will say one for you and your readers as well!
PLEASE pray for Chrissie, she was adopted this year and has a serious heart condition. Her parents knew of this and now the time has come for her surgery. All went well until her heart stopped. She was clinically dead for 20 minutes. She is alive now, on a heart/lung machine. Her good lung is filled with fluid but doctors believe that if it can clear out they can get her heart back beating too. Please pray for her and her family. One sister has already experienced so much loss in her short life, to lose chrissie would be devestating. They also just adopted a beautiful little boy from haiti.
ReplyDeleteYou can find out more at her mom Lorainne's blog
http://allarepreciousinhissight.blogspot.com/
I'm having my fifth c-section on May 5. I'm anxious about the surgery, my health, and the health of the baby. My husband is anxious about finances. Pray for a release from anxiety and complete trust in God's providence.
ReplyDeleteThanks!
appreciate you praying sister !!!
ReplyDeletei have been having health problems lately, with no insurance its scary. i went to the doctor today and he said it is my gallbladder. he gave me some meds and we are hoping that will work and there will be no need for further care that we just cant afford.
ReplyDeletemy Pastor has been preaching lately about God's power to heal us physically everyday and that we need to ask Him to heal us, and then know that it will be done!!
thank you so much, i also find your name on my mind when i pray at night :)
Wow, you amaze me!! My husband and I have struggled with infertility, decided to adopt, and now I am 9 week pregnant. God works in mysterious ways and I trust in His plan! Please pray for a healthy pregnancy/baby:) God is SOOOO good!! Our second baby will be coming from Ethiopia...
ReplyDeleteI just wanted to let you know that I came back to read through all the comments and pray for each person. :)
ReplyDeleteadoption #4 from china in 4 years... this time - an 8 year old girl! pray specifically for: her heart, her protection (physically, emotionally and spiritually), the mover of mountains to move some BIG mountains of paperwork and for financial provision.
ReplyDeletethanks! you are SUCH an encourager!
I love this post. I read your blog because of post's like this. What an awesome person you are!
ReplyDeleteIs it okay to tell you that I have a total blog-crush on you? :) Your heart and your posts truly touch my heart...
ReplyDeleteMy prayer request:
That our foster care/adoption license would move forward...and for the spiritual challenge that has affected me from this test...
I am challenged by you to work towards more discipline in my prayer/quiet time...thank you...
please pray that god will grant us the grace of another child.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your thoughts on prayer. I've become very jaded and cynical, and your reminder that we pray "because we can"...wow! That is SO powerful to me. I can't even express how those words affected me.
ReplyDeleteYou are so sweet for opening your prayer journal to include our requests. Mine isn't for me, but rather two sweet friends of mine, both named Lisa that were diagnosed with breast cancer the same week (just a few weeks ago). They are both mother's to sons and 34 years old. For one it is recurring breast cancer from 4 years ago that is now stage IV. She had no family history. And on top of it she also has a brain tumor of a different kind of cancer. She start radiation this week. The second, because of her family history just had a double mastectomy. She is considered at stage II (no lymph nodes involved, thank you lord). My heart is so heavy for them both and all how battle cancer. I lost my own mother to breast cancer when I was 6.
ReplyDeleteI would love extra prayers for them. I am bookmarking this page and will pray for several different requests from here each day. Thank you.
I just read through every post and prayed over each one. By the end I was sobbing. What a privilege it is to stand in the gap for other women/sisters who are longing to be all they can be in Christ: wives mothers, friends, encouragers, ambassadors. Our children may be the future, but we are today! For those struggling with fertility issues, keep pressing on. Our journey began twenty something years ago, and through the gift of adoption, we are now the extremely proud parents of an amazing seventeen year old son. Cling to 1 Samual 1:27. Destiny
ReplyDeleteTomorrow I find out if I am having an early C section or if I get to wait it out to my schedule one. So pray for a baby with healthy lungs that's ready to go either way please. Also due to the H1N1 flu season scare when I have my c-section I'll be away from my toddler for the first time and it will be for about a week (the hospital wont let siblings visit here)...so pray for her because it's going to be hard on her and me...and for me too for that matter.
ReplyDeleteI'll also be praying for any comments left here today. No such thing as too much prayer :)
you are such a blessing, Love. there just aren't words to express how special you are to me and i love the ways the Lord uses you in my life as an encouragement and example!
ReplyDeleteYou know the basics of our situation w/ John @ work....please pray for continued encouragement for him and that we would be able to continually rebuke the enemy and his lies and TRUST in God's good plans for us!
i also have a friend who called tonight and her husband has told her he wants to leave. he agreed to counseling but doesn't feel like it will change anything. pray for God to work in and save their marriage!
How can i pray for you?!? there is something so precious to me about being able to spend time lifting others up to the Lord so please do let me know how i can be praying for you guys!
you are amazing - just thought you should know. that is it.
ReplyDeletedearest hurting sisters, my eyes are full of tears. we are all broken and needy and damaged. what bravery and humility to share the cries of your hearts like this.
ReplyDeletethere is healing. there are answers. there is peace. and the holy spirit carries the deepest cries of our hearts, straight to the ears of the father, even as we do not know what to say for ourselves (romans 8:26)
my family (not my husband and babies, but the people i grew up with) are miserable people and we have a wedding approaching... i will see my father after having no contact with him since he skipped town 10 years ago... not looking forward to this at all. pray for my boundary setting, and protection for my heart, as it's hurting and grieving already. thanks.
this is such a wonderful idea . . . thank you!!
ReplyDeletewe have a family friend who has been battling stage 4 colon cancer. she is in her 30's and has 2 boys {3 and 6}. please pray for her and her strength as she continues to fight this as she is starting a serious radiation treatment.
and on a much {much} lighter note . . . we are trying to sell our house and not getting much action on it.
how can we pray for you?
goodness gracious i love you all. i'm honored to pray and He will hear us!
ReplyDeletethank you for asking for my prayer requests...i forgot!
~for our next baby. my heart is very ready, but i know that His timing is perfect.
~about homeschooling next year. we decided to send them back to their Christian school & one of the grades was full! so, 1 girl is registered & 1 is on the waiting list. we think this is His way of screaming at me to homeschool. ; )
Love,
ReplyDeleteI have so many things that need prayer, first and foremost my faith as I am opening my heart back to him again. next my marriage, I am married to an unbeliever who doesn't support my faith and openly mocks it there are many other things going on that would take to many words. Lastly my family my husband just got laid off again the 3rd time in 3 years. After losing our sweet baby Ryan at 13 weeks, mentally I am not being the wife and mother I need to be. So please just pray for me to have the strength to get out of bed.
Love,
ReplyDeleteI will join you in praying for these sweet women and their pain. My heart hurts just reading though the list of needs and requests. Please pray that God will move our dossier along in Peru and that we will be ready for our referral soon. Also that the dept of adoption will have a meeting soon, as there have been some problems lately.
Thank you for doing this. Seeing all the requests, looks like we all need the Lord a bit extra these days.
ReplyDeleteIf you could, pray for my husband and I to be less selfish. For me to be less judgmental, and for him to believe that he's worthy of all that God has in store for him.
You are amazing. I am praying for you and every person who left a comment for you.
ReplyDeletePlease pray for my cousin who is about 22 weeks pregnant I believe and found out her baby girl has Spina Bifida. They are seeing specialists and finding hope, but more prayer doesn't hurt!
Also, for my great grandma who has been in the hospital since Friday. She's 96, but we still want her to be better and come back home.
Thanks you so much Love.
This is beautiful. I love you.
ReplyDeleteYou are a beautiful person, Love. What an appropriate name for you...your parents knew what they were doing when they gave you your "Lovely" name!
ReplyDeleteThankfully, I have no prayer requests for ME. However, my baby sis has been married for 2 yrs and is having fertility problems. She recently had a miscarrage and did okay at first, but is now in a bit of a "funk." A lot of her friends are having babies left & right and she & her hubby aren't having any luck. He's had a kidney transplant 5 yrs. ago and they're afraid the anti-rejection meds are taking their toll. Please pray for her. She's my best friend and I hate to see her hurting!
Love you! ;)
P.S. Sending prayers and hugs your way, too!!! ;)
ReplyDeletePlease pray for strength, joy, wisdom, endurance, unity, and grace as we work towards launching a Harvest Bible Chapel in Joliet.
ReplyDeleteMay the Lord bless you for praying.
This is truly amazing of you. After reading all of these requests, I feel selfish to ask for my own, for the little baby growing inside me who I just want to be healthy, happy and love the Lord. Like others, I too am scared to miscarry. Thank you for this blog and the love you show to others...You were Jesus today.
ReplyDeleteAshley
this seems so trivial compared to others but someone in my family has been sick for nearly two months (different crud, different times). I'm just feeling run down and frustrated so any prayers for health, patience and sleep would be welcome. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteMy boys (that are not mine biologically) call me by my name. They live with us every day. I do not want to replace their mother. Really, I don't even know what I would want them to call me. But I get so embarassed when we're out and they are calling me by name. I feel like a glorified babysitter.
ReplyDeleteMy husband tells me it doesn't matter what they call me...and I know this is true. But I still feel bad.
I cried in front of them this morning and told them how much it hurts my feelings! I immediately felt awful afterwards. I know when I go to pick them up from school in 45 minutes, they will look at me with love in their eyes and act as though nothing happened.
Please pray for peace in my heart and soul. Please pray that I can let it go...cause it's not that big of a deal.
Thanks LOVE! I just recently went in for a tubal reversal and woke up with a hysterectomy. I know God knows best, I trust him totally. I know there will be a path led for me from here. But...at this moment...I am broken hearted. I am trying to put on a happy face for my family. My husband & kids are amazing and don't need a broken Momma, so I am strong on the outside, dying on the inside. Please pray for my peace and closure. I feel like they took my sole and 2 of my babies whom I will now never meet...Just because I know it was right and necessary, doesn't make it hurt any less. I feel so out of control. I am normally a total optimist. I just feel so misunderstood right now. Thanks Love! Tabitha
ReplyDeleteI started praying because I've been reading your blog.
ReplyDeleteI started praying because I've been reading your blog.
ReplyDeleteI started praying because I've been reading your blog.
ReplyDeleteI started praying because I've been reading your blog.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteHi Love,
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful post, you are so selfless and I so look forward to reading your posts. You are such a wonderful writer. I would actually like a prayer request for my marriage which is under a lot of stress of right now especially since the birth of our twin girls in Feb. We have 4 girls under 6yrs of age. I am really struggling to find some balance and feel like a single parent as my husband has just started his own business. I have within the past year become a faithful person and started going to church but my husband is not coming with me so I also would like a prayer that he will find the LORD and we can be a more faithful family that are all on the same page. Thank you Love, I so appreciate any prayers.
Take care,
Michelle
I need prayers of guidance right now. I am taking a break, but your blog has been on my heart all day long, so I had to come here and I am excited to pray for you, all of the commenters here (as I have read each prayer request) and to ask for prayer.
ReplyDeleteMy heart is a bit more at peace knowing that you (& others) will be praying for me.
You are so awesome and incredible!
Hi lady,
ReplyDeleteThank you for this.
My Dad had a biopsy yesterday, checking for cancer. I'm heartsick about this, of course. I don't have words for my relationship with my Dad, so I'll just say that I'm trying hard not to worry.
~Heather
this is so beautiful and touching. i ask for prayers for my family...just, please give us strength.
ReplyDeleteThis is the best post ever!
ReplyDeleteMy husband's one year cancer follow up is coming up in a couple weeks.
For his 6 month follow up, I posted prayer requests on facebook and my blog. All that did was cause a lot of calls and texts and a lot more work trying to update people quickly. We have some reason to believe that things are not well and I don't want to worry anyone, so I appreciate this "anonymous" prayer request.
I've enjoyed reading and praying for these requests!
you are lovely. my boyfriend and i are in the middle of some life-changing times -- well, mostly him, but it'll change my life, too -- and God is opening up doors for what feels like the first time in a long time. pray that we have the wisdom to follow Him where He leads us instead of where we want to go.
ReplyDeleteand we are trying to get married this year, so just for that in general!
thank you!
I love your blog. Such a beautiful family!
ReplyDeleteI was so moved by all the prayer requests. I will write them in my prayer journal and pray over them. What a wonderful idea for a blog entry! I was so touched by the stories of infertility since I struggled with that for so long. I am so thankful for my three wonderful biological children and the one that we are adopting from Sanyu. Lord, please move mountains and allow the guardianship process in Uganda and visa process to start again.
Love,
ReplyDeleteWe have court to adopt our little foster boy May 4th. He has been living with us for a year and we are so ready to call him our own! He is an absolute blessing to our family of 4...God has made the perfect match!!!We have been praying for this day for a long time. Thank you for being "you" on your blog and sharing your faith!
God Bless, Lori
What a great thing Love. I will say a prayer for you and your family. I am sure the time will be just perfect!
ReplyDeleteI just found out last night that they found another tumor in my aunts brain, or the one they removed has grown back. Either way she has to start another round of radiation (high risk for 2nd round in such a small area). She is an amazingly strong woman, I pray for peace for her and for all of our family while we support her thru this difficult time.
Thank you for having such a good heart.
Thanks in advance for praying for me an all the others here. It is so encouraging to know there are people out there who will pray for me even though they do not know me. My prayer request is that I will find a financially secure job soon. I was fired from my job in February and everything I have interviewed for has fallen through. I am leaving it in God's hands and waiting faithfully that he will provide as he always does.
ReplyDeleteCan you please pray for us? We just miscarried in early March and we are hoping to get pregnant again soon.
ReplyDeleteThank you!
Thank you for praying for us...the baby was born Thursday night, we got to come home from the hospital early... very early before 48 hours after the c-section so my daughter only spent 1 full day and 2 nights without me home. I feel so blessed for my 2 girls being home safe and for the prayers of strangers...you guys rock!!
ReplyDeletei just wanted to let you know that just days after i posted my request about my health issue i started feeling much better. i was in so much pain that it even hurt to breath. i feel 100% better and even stopped taking the medication 5 days ago! its like it never even happened! i was in horrible pain for over 2 months, it feels so good to feel perfect again!
ReplyDelete