these faces

Yesterday, I took the 3 littlest into Chicago.
The preparation started near midnight.

Lunches packed, homework signed,
backpacks prepared,
snow gear dried,
kitchen ready for breakfast,
Ellie's IV medicines given,
6 of us up & ready,
snacks/diapers/wipes/distraction bag packed....

{you know what I mean, right?}

Around 10 in the morning,
as we prepared to leave,
I thought about how long I'd been preparing
for a simple trip into the city.

This is my "job."
Sometimes I really, really stink at this job.
Overall, though, I'm pretty good.
I love it and I am very thankful for it.

I was reminded yesterday what a 
privilege it is to see their sweet faces 
everyday as i do my "job."

The faces that teach me to 
love better.
The only five treasures that I
can take with me forever.






Comments

  1. Oh Lovelyn, what sweet faces and you are truly super woman. And Ellie? She has my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like how the face fills up the whole frame. Gorgeous shots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I could get lost in those sweet little eyes all day long. Absolutely beautiful children.

    And one amazing woman for a momma. You're beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures....you have a remarkable set of faces to look at everyday! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful, sweet, precious faces. amazing blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful post...beautiful faces...beautiful mother and child of God you are. I am blessed to read your blog. Keep testifying to the Goodness of God.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh such sweet faces! You have an incredible family. Thanks for sharing such lovely captures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What gorgeous faces your precious children have!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, those faces! I love how you captured them just being. Such love.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anika's is my favorite. I miss her!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you really have made me a better mommy! the way you view time with your children is awesome! i use to dread taking the kids with me to the store , but now i see it as a great way to break up the day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness...
    So sweet
    (I think I post that on every one of your posts :) but it's true!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've got a lot of courage to take them into the city by yourself. We're out in the burbs and I get nervous just taking one in by myself.

    I absolutely love that third photo! She's got such gorgeous eyes and such as sulky expression. She looks very contemplative!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know EXACTLY what you mean... but the faces in our lives are SO worth it. You have BEAUTIFUL faces in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are surrounded by beautiful loving faces. I can't even explain the warmth your children's faces hold. Amazing shots.

    http://www.tellyouaboutit.com/2010/02/you-capture-challenge-faces.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts