show some [love]
I have a dear friend, Jade, who is in Africa right now trying to bring their son home to his forever family. We've never met, but share such a special bond. We have supported, prayed, laughed and cried with each other through the adoptions of our sons. She has held my son when I couldn't be there. I have done the same for her. We whispered in their ears that their mama would be back as soon as she could.
She has 2 precious little girls at home, a husband she's madly in love with and she loves God with her whole heart. Her life is filled with joy and she chooses to see the little moments as really big, wonderful moments. She is very much like my soul sister. I can't wait to hug her and re-unite our boys!
Jade has already been in Africa longer than I ever was. That long of a trip wasn't planned, but there have been some hiccups. Not just with their case, but with all the cases of legal guardianship there. The situation, the governments & the hearts involved all need prayer. So much prayer. With all of this comes unexpected things. Jade was planning on staying 3 weeks at the most....and now? It looks like the very least could be 6 weeks.
I remember my heart feeling physically torn between my family on two continents. In addition to that, there are the tangible needs that come with this unexpected delay. The extra money for food, lodging and changing of airfares.
My sweet friends, Nathan & Jade have asked for help regarding this here. I thought about the simple, unnecessary things that I could give up this week (coffee!) in order to help them bring their son home. I started to donate my $30 and was reminded what a blessing it is to be a blessing to others.
Would you like to help me bless this sweet family today? To bring Samuel home to his forever family? Please don't think your $5 won't help. $5 can get Jade a ride on a boda boda to her lawyer's office FOUR times. Every dollar helps and we can show this family love and support.
I'm going to donate my $30 right now. Will you join me? Click here to donate.
(something? anything!)
Leave me a comment to let me know you are participating (you don't have to tell how much!) I'll pick a random winner to get our....
She has 2 precious little girls at home, a husband she's madly in love with and she loves God with her whole heart. Her life is filled with joy and she chooses to see the little moments as really big, wonderful moments. She is very much like my soul sister. I can't wait to hug her and re-unite our boys!
Jade has already been in Africa longer than I ever was. That long of a trip wasn't planned, but there have been some hiccups. Not just with their case, but with all the cases of legal guardianship there. The situation, the governments & the hearts involved all need prayer. So much prayer. With all of this comes unexpected things. Jade was planning on staying 3 weeks at the most....and now? It looks like the very least could be 6 weeks.
I remember my heart feeling physically torn between my family on two continents. In addition to that, there are the tangible needs that come with this unexpected delay. The extra money for food, lodging and changing of airfares.
My sweet friends, Nathan & Jade have asked for help regarding this here. I thought about the simple, unnecessary things that I could give up this week (coffee!) in order to help them bring their son home. I started to donate my $30 and was reminded what a blessing it is to be a blessing to others.
Would you like to help me bless this sweet family today? To bring Samuel home to his forever family? Please don't think your $5 won't help. $5 can get Jade a ride on a boda boda to her lawyer's office FOUR times. Every dollar helps and we can show this family love and support.
I'm going to donate my $30 right now. Will you join me? Click here to donate.
(something? anything!)
Leave me a comment to let me know you are participating (you don't have to tell how much!) I'll pick a random winner to get our....
[Love] for Africa Coffee Cuff!
(and yes, that means these coffee cuffs are back!
they sold out in one day last time!
you can order from the right side bar if you wish.
this will be my last batch.)
they sold out in one day last time!
you can order from the right side bar if you wish.
this will be my last batch.)
I pray we can flood this family with LOVE.
Please, leave a comment if you donate!
Thank you, sweet friends.
Let's see what we can do in 24 hours!
UPDATE: the random number generator picked our winner as....
KENDRA
Kendra and her family have recently begun their journey to their child in Africa!
So happy for you, Kendra! I hope this
is some kind of little hug from Him,
as I know this waiting period can be hard!!
ALSO--Jade's husband updated their blog here.
Thank you for each of you that offered prayers,
love and donations.
To Him be the glory!
UPDATE: the random number generator picked our winner as....
KENDRA
Kendra and her family have recently begun their journey to their child in Africa!
So happy for you, Kendra! I hope this
is some kind of little hug from Him,
as I know this waiting period can be hard!!
ALSO--Jade's husband updated their blog here.
Thank you for each of you that offered prayers,
love and donations.
To Him be the glory!




Your link didn't work for me, but I go to it through their page.I'm skipping my end of the week mocha treat so I can donate to them. Suddenly my overpriced mocha doesn't seem that important!
ReplyDeleteone less souvenir or a little less spending money in NYC next month....feeling so joyful to give that little bit up to help. Praying for this sweet family.
ReplyDeleteLOVE the pictures! so beautiful!
ReplyDeleteLovelyn, how awsome are you??? This is such a cool way to get their story out there and to get them as much support as possible! You are an AWSOME friend! Hey..let me know when you have more of the Love for Africa coffee cuffs for sale. Jade begged me to get her one and when i tried you were all out. I would love to get one for her to have when she returns! thanks!!
ReplyDeleteBridgette
Skipping my week's worth of coffee treats too!
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing thier story, I can't wait for them to be home with thier sweet boy.
Home brewed coffee it is! Starbucks is overated anyways:) Keeping this family in my prayers~
ReplyDeleteIn the midst of our ever-increasing crack down on budgeting, saving for adoption... I thank you for the opportunity to give in faith, in a small way to serve someone else in the rescue of their child, knowing that it pleases the Lord and He will meet all MY needs and THEIRS. I love the Body of Christ!!!
ReplyDeleteWe're in.
ReplyDeleteYES! Have sent my donation out. Know Jade and Nathan and am keeping them in my prayers. Our son and daughter in law, Missy and Tyler are in the process of adopting from Uganda. You all are such trail blazers for them! Would love to win the cup cover...if not...would love to purchase one. Thank you for sharing about Jade and Nathan....
ReplyDeleteI'm more than happy to skip my starbucks treats this week to help complete this family! =)
ReplyDeleteGod blessed me so much through out our process and two of the greatest were you and Jade! God is so good!
ReplyDeleteI had a dream about you and Clay last night - it was kinda random so I am not really sure but we met at an ice cream shop and Clays hair was VERY long and we were trying to figure out what to do with it - haha!
Have a good day!
i second the "i love the body of Christ!" comment. adoption is something that has always tugged at my heartstrings, and i hope to adpot one day. the idea is still overwhelming now, but it's this type of community that makes getting these sweet babies to their "forever homes" possible. praying for jade and samuel!
ReplyDeleteI tried, but they aren't accepting Canadian paypal accounts. I left a comment asking if they are able to adjust that...
ReplyDeleteUntil then, I'll keep them in my prayers.
Just made a small donation. Happy thoughts and prayers to this family. We have a son waiting for us in Ghana and know all too well about the hiccups that slow the process. Hugs to you for sharing their story!
ReplyDeletedone! im so happy to be able to help this wonderful family!
ReplyDeleteI am a firm believer in the law of tithing. I give back to my church as much as possible, but I find giving back to others, showing compassion and love, in helping with their needs brings more blessings and love into my life.
ReplyDeleteWhen times are tough and money is tight I turn to others first. I give as much as I can and then give a little more. The Lord provides. Everything always works out.
Thank you for helping them.
~Ryley
It wasn't much, but mine's in!
ReplyDelete~Carrie
I have done it also, not much, but like you said $5 can go a long way! :) Thanks for all you are doing Love!
ReplyDeleteLove, I LOVE your heart! I gave because I can see myself in her place and would hope that my community would help me. My tears are roll'n and I will be praying. Please keep us updated.
ReplyDeleteCoffee from home sounds just perfect for such a cause. :)
ReplyDeleteOh, but don't enter me in the giveaway! As much as I love those cuffs, I would prefer it go to another. ;)
Love your cuffs and story. We cannot afford to buy coffee but they are beautiful and I will use it somewhere.
ReplyDeleteLeft a comment and made a donation! Thanks for sharing the LOVE, Lovelyn. Such a special journey they are on and so awesome that you have been able to help each other through it together! XOXO
ReplyDeletedonation sent and a thank you for holding and lovin' on our clayton boy when you couldn't be with him!!!
ReplyDeleteIm in thank you sharing this story Love! Showing the love of Christ in a small way, rocks!
ReplyDeleteWow! What a great great thing to do Love! You are wonderful!
ReplyDeleteI don't know Jade personally, but I have been following her blog for a while now. One of my good friends went to high school with her. She is an AMAZING woman of God, and so so inspiring. I love following your blog and Jade's because my husband and I have a passion to adopt one day. It is important to hear about the trials but also the triumphs!
ReplyDeleteLovely, thank you for sharing their story. I just sent a donation to help them out. I will be following their blog now! Thank you!! xo
ReplyDeleteSo skipping my one a day soda this week!
ReplyDelete