saying yes.
Okay, I don't link often, but these are so important for anyone that even has the tiniest prick on their heart about adoption!
The 2 biggest questions that I get are the financial aspect and about spouses not being in agreement. Two of my friends have posted wonderful things on their blog about these two subjects.
If you have any interest in adoption, Scott's video is a must watch. It is especially important for those of you that have spouses not in agreement with your desire to adopt. So, please watch. Then, pray and have your husband watch it. Scott and Gwen are passionate about adoption and orphans. I'm so thankful for their family. Here is the post.
Kristi wrote a wonderful post compiling many ways that you can tackle the financial aspect of adoption. You can read it here.
Having Clayton home is the most unbelievable blessing. I look back at all the things that we could have questioned or when we could have said no. Oh my goodness, what we would've missed. I'm so thankful we said yes to this blessed calling. I'm so excited for many of you who have e-mailed or commented that you are considering or started the process of adoption. I pray for each of you. You will be blessed just as much as your child. Actually, probably more.
Here's our adoption video just in case you haven't seen it! {turn up your volume.}
The 2 biggest questions that I get are the financial aspect and about spouses not being in agreement. Two of my friends have posted wonderful things on their blog about these two subjects.
If you have any interest in adoption, Scott's video is a must watch. It is especially important for those of you that have spouses not in agreement with your desire to adopt. So, please watch. Then, pray and have your husband watch it. Scott and Gwen are passionate about adoption and orphans. I'm so thankful for their family. Here is the post.
Kristi wrote a wonderful post compiling many ways that you can tackle the financial aspect of adoption. You can read it here.
Having Clayton home is the most unbelievable blessing. I look back at all the things that we could have questioned or when we could have said no. Oh my goodness, what we would've missed. I'm so thankful we said yes to this blessed calling. I'm so excited for many of you who have e-mailed or commented that you are considering or started the process of adoption. I pray for each of you. You will be blessed just as much as your child. Actually, probably more.
Here's our adoption video just in case you haven't seen it! {turn up your volume.}

That video gets me every time..
ReplyDeleteAnd also, tiny baby Clay.. OH MY GOODNESS!
Your video makes me tear up every time I see it! (which is probably at least 10 times now!) What a beautiful blessing!!!
ReplyDeleteOh, Love. This is the first time I've seen this video. Just beautiful. Thank you for posting it.
ReplyDeleteBri
I love this video!! My husband and I are in the homestudy processes for international adoption and were hoping to adopt for Uganda. We're waiting to see what happens over there in the next 6 weeks. I'd LOVE to hear more about your experience though. Would you mind sending me you're email??
ReplyDeleteI am so touched to know there are people like you in this world. I think you are an amazing family and are so selfless, how in awe I am of you! Thank you for a beautiful video and for sharing it!
ReplyDeleteI'm new to your blog and never seen this...so beautiful. It made me cry! Your little man is so blessed to have a loving family.
ReplyDeleteI seen you flew from Chicago (wow) I live in a suburb, have 4 young daughters and my husband and I want to adopt soon. I so appreciate all you posts on adoption!
We need to wait a little bit because my husband is planting a church, so we will need a bit more stability first. I'm praying on God showing us when.
Many Many blessings to your sweet a precious family!:)
love the post. How old was he when you picked him up again? Thanks!
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful day!
Jill
www.campfunk.blogspot.com
I just watched this and am now tearing up at my desk. I admire you so much for having the love and the heart to bring him home to your family.
ReplyDeleteThat might possibly be one of the sweetest, most tear-inducing things I have ever seen. I just love it!
ReplyDeleteThanks for addressing those of us who have the desire to adopt when our spouse doesn't have the urge...YET! I'll be showing him the link you posted and hope his heart will be opened to what the Lord intends for our family!
Thank you, Love...Hugs from Ohio!
woman! i can't even remember what link trail led me to your blog, but you've been in my reader for a couple months now. the "prick" that has been in my heart for adoption is swelling and swelling because i KEEP READING YOUR POSTS! seriously...i cannot stop crying at this moment. someday, when that child is in my arms, i will point to you...love. God is using you!!!
ReplyDeleteis it crazy that i long for that baby (however old he/she will be) like crazy already...?
Thanks so much for those links! I haven't given up, even though I have both of those issues against me.
ReplyDeleteThat's the first time I saw your adoption video and I totally cried. Absolutely beautiful!
This is the first time I've watched your video and wow, just wow, tears streaming down. Thank GOD there are people like your family!
ReplyDeletetear jerking!!
ReplyDeletei pray one day we will be in a place that we can adopt....i've always had a heart for orphans.
thank you for sharing your journey!