i need three little birds today.

ok, the truth is....
i'm sad today.
it's silly.
 i know it is silly.
so, i'm trying very hard to be content.
to be thankful.
to trust.
knowing that what i'm sad about
will be taken care of.

and, just look at my morning.
i walked around taking pictures of it.
and singing to the kiddos
[but, willing it to myself.]

every little thing gonna be alright.

Comments

  1. praying for you. i, too am struggling..fighting emotions that threaten to rob me of the joy intended for me. anyway, PRAYING for you and sending HUGS your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wishing you happiness and answers to whatever is making you feel sad....sometimes the sad is what makes us appreciate the happy so much more, i hope this is true for you and the sad doesn't stay too long.

    hugs dear Love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too, have been sad lately, alot.
    You aren't alone and just because you are sad,it doesn't mean that you aren't being thankful in some way. (does that make sense?)

    Love, you bring alot of joy to others. Myself included. Your post are always so thoughtful, inspiring and encouraging. I hope today gets better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your life is full of so much color, as well as beautiful children! Thank you for sharing that with us; it makes me smile. I am sorry you are having a sad day, but you are doing the right things to get back on track. I hope you find reason to celebrate soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just know that you are bringing happiness to those little ones! (And all of us that are encouraged and inspired by you every.single.day.) I may not know the struggles and sadness you are fighting, but I am praying beside you and singing harmony.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. I'm so sorry that you are sad, but it's okay. No matter how big or small the sad may be, it is okay to feel that way. And if you need to talk, you know I'm always here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's ok to have so much to celebrate and yet feel sad for the moments that are not to be celebrated (yet?). I think it's part of the beauty and mystery of being human and while I don't always understand why we have so much emotional complexity, I trust it's there for a reason, maybe to help us achieve greater depths and thankfulness?

    Much rambling to say I love reading your blog because of your honesty and example. I love all the joy your share from your life. I love that you can admit sometimes life is hard, too. So I send hugs and support to you and remind you that it will all be ok. Like you sang---everything will be alright. Until it is, though, honor your whole self. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sad is ok.
    Sad does not always mean ungrateful. There are things to be sad about.
    I hope your worries soon fade, and every little ting becomes alright. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The women above have left wonderful messages...after reading them I have nothing that I can add except the lame - I am thinking of you. Be strong and hold those babies - it is so good for the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  11. sorry you are sad today :(
    i love your pictures though, and i am drinking tea out of that very same mug as i type :)
    i love your babies and your new journal!

    ReplyDelete
  12. like everyone stated before me...it is okay to be sad. just know that we love you and are here for you. your pictures look precious.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't commented on your blog before but I do read it often and I am most in awe of the beautiful person you are in your heart! I will say a prayer for you today; you have brought many happy feelings to my sad days when I read about all the love you share with others, hopefully my prayer can return the favor!

    Mrsmom

    ReplyDelete
  14. at women's group one nite we were talking about feelings-its okay to have all these different emotions but what we need to remember is to respond to them in a way that lifts us up and not to react to them.

    I think you are responding beautifully to them (and I LOVE the mug)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just found your blog today. I've been longing to adopt for some time now and have been praying that my husband can find himself on the same page, too. Your story (I just read a ton of your previous posts) inspires me to keep praying for that very thing. To give a child a loving home...to open our hearts to what God intends for us. We have 4 children already, but I feel a calling to adopt. I love your posts and your family and look forward to checking in often.

    Give your babies hugs and your sadness will just melt away...I hope you know how much you mean to the lives you touch. I just found you and you've already inspired me! Thank you, Love.

    ReplyDelete
  16. big prayers going up.....rainbows coming down. you are on my mind and in my heart. pushing the "peace" button now.

    ~kendra~

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so sorry you are having a sad day. Those are the worst but I've always thought necessary because the next day or the day after you revel in the feeling of happiness because it FEELS SO GOOD.

    Sending you major love vibes. Can you feel them?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sending you a few extra positive thoughts & prayers oday.
    (and that new journal is gorgeous!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love you and praying for you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, the sads. They can be so overwhelming. Hope in the midst of a busy day, you had time to process and reflect.

    Saying a prayer for you right now, friend.

    Bri

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh sweets. i hope by this point the sadness has passed, but i'm praying for you just in case. :)

    also, i adore that you look for the beauty in the middle of your sadness.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm not sure what's wrong, but you are in my thoughts.

    I'll be praying for you and your sweet sweet family.

    Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Praying for you and you family. I had a few days like that already. Ever since we started the adoption process my husband has been under severe attack from Satan. Nothing but evil arrows. Love the pictures...Prayers are coming your way
    Love
    Jill
    www.campfunk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thought you might like to check out this neat piece of jewelry. Destiny

    www.belkaidesigns.com/product/adoption-necklace

    ReplyDelete
  25. I've been struggling with sad too. It sucks. Sending hugs your way.

    Oh - where did you get that DARLING coffee cup? I triple heart it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts