i just love the word.

I love February.  Valentine's Day is totally my favorite pretend holiday.  I'm definitely not a traditional Valentine's kinda girl, though.  {are most girls anymore, or no?}


I love that my husband knows that.  Roses and chocolate just aren't my thing.  {have i ever mentioned that i strongly disliked chocolate prior to giving birth for the 1st time?}  Matt knows that I'd rather have raspberry colored tulips and a package of Giant Chewy SweeTarts.  One year, he got me the cutest, little pair of flip flops and I loved it!


Anyway, I don't really love February because of Valentine's presents.  I just love the pink, the red, the purple, the glitter, the hearts...the LOVE.  I just really love that word.  I also love that I can see the end of winter coming by the end of February.  I don't like to wish time away, but by the end of February I'm ready to quit hibernating.  {and to quit the ordeal of coats and seat belts.}


Today, I got even more excited about February this year.  I realized that God has blessed me with 2 guys to love with all my heart {and crush on} this year.  I never had that strong desire that we HAD to make our family complete with a boy, but He knew just what we needed.  And do I ever love these boys something fierce.  So, so thankful for my guys....

Comments

  1. you are truely blessed! I ike Clays smile in this one, like oh Mom another picture!

    These cheeks are so pinchable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't care for roses, either. Shane knows to get me stargazer lilies. Now chocolate on the other hand... last year, I sent Shane a Mrs. Field's cookie sampler at work, knowing that he wouldn't eat all of it and bring home the rest for me! This year, we'll be at the water park on Valentine's Day. I can't think of a better way to spend it than doing something fun for the boys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post! I am just like you. LOVE Valentines and February....just not that actual "holiday." Matt and I never celebrate on the day of, and our "gifts" are always non-traditional and small, if anything at all. We try and LOVE each other everyday like Sweethearts, not just on Valentines!!

    Your crushes are adorable. Especially the little one =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww, isn't it amazing that He provides things that we didn't even know we needed.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband knows that if he ever bought me roses on Valentine's Day I'd punch him... they're SO overpriced! So I just buy myself bunches at Trader Joe's or Costco throughout the year instead. But I, too, LOVE LOVE. :) And red sparkly things. And your cute boy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could just kiss those chubby cheeks- Clayton's, not your husband's. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so excited for this month, and I don't even know why! I just get the feeling that God has huge things planned and the cold starkness of January is past.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that I'm married I like Valentine's Day :) Especially with the kids... it's another reason to do fun little things, spend the day with extra hugs and kisses, and RED and PINK! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. aww...what a precious post! I love all the colors, hearts and the word "love" too! great pic btw!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I could have written this post, seriously, I could have.

    I never ate chocolate, ever. For Easter, I was the only child out of six that received a white chocolate bunny because I didn't like chocolate?

    Now? Oh man. Let's just say I just finished my second bowl of cocoa puffs!

    I love that photo of your two boy crushes...they are awfully cute!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts