wishes for wonder


oh, my elle belle.
you were so content
and easy-going as a babe.
laughing, smiling, letting your
sisters crawl over you.
the best sleeper.
peaceful.


and then, you turned two years old.
oh my, did your spunk come out.
and we LOVE your spunk.
you are sassy and
independent.
you are LOUD,
yet so, so gentle with
"your" babies, "your" twins.
you love being right in the middle now.
you can run off to play with your big sisters or
stay and be the helper for the babies.


you love coming up with your own outfits.
(see nana's glasses & knee socks above?)
you love my coffee and high heels.
you'd watch Dora and
call your Papaw
all. day. long. if we'd allow.
you adore cheese & peanut butter crackers.
you are our little free-spirit hippie. i love that about you.


now, you are three years old.
i can hardly believe it has been three years.
it feels like yesterday,
yet like you've been part of us forever.


praying a year of wonder for you.
three is beautiful, sweet girl.
drink it up.

Comments

  1. i so love your writing style. short. sweet. striking. touching. love it. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Ellie and my Ellen could be good friends. Close in age and free spirit hippies? That's a BFF in the making.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw she sounds like my little Stinkerbell. :)
    Gotta love those little girls! Especially those with spunk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 3rd Birthday Ellie! May all your days be filled with joy and wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet! She sounds like a remarkable and lovely three year old :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday to one of the cutest little gals!!! Hope her day is extra sweet!!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Ellie!!! My daughter will be 3 in a few months and I had to smile when I read this because it reminded me alot of her! Also, I left your blog an award. Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Ellie! What a wonderful age, and she sounds like such an awesome little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a perfect name for a perfect little girl!

    Nell

    ReplyDelete
  10. I stumbled upon your blog today, and could not believe when I saw the reference to Elle Belle--I have an Elle too (4 months), and I call her my Elle Bell!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts