today
9:17 am
i'm cleaning the kitchen after our {later than normal} breakfast. we had oatmeal, toast & OJ...because we're out of milk. while sweeping the floor, {the 1st time of probably 11 times today} i found the twins camped out under the highchairs reading books. see:
i'll be back soon. what are you up to today?
10:10 am
you know what is awesome? when you decide to live blog the day and your camera battery need charged. awesome. so, it is charging.
the kids are playing with their {stuffed} puppies and negotiating when we might be able to have a real one. i say maybe when all the kids are at least 2. i'm certain that the five kids in our house right now aren't "all" our kids....so the truth at when that puppy might come is twisted a little. but, i'd hate for them to lose hope. they ask when their next brother or sister is coming anyway....so they'll be okay!
while the camera is charging, wanna see my 2 gifts that i love so very much? matt got me a sakura bloom sling from their sample sale! i love wearing my babies & it was SO nice to have for Clay during the holidays. he could hang out close to me while meeting the extended family for the first time. he did great that way.
and this, my friends? made. me. cry. this is a "welcome clayton home" gift from erin of the vintage pearl. she knows how very many times i get told, "your hands are FULL." my standard answer has become, "full hands, full heart...right?"
the necklace has all the kids' names on it and "my hands are almost as full as my heart." YES.
12:37pm
when the babies go down for naps, i try to break that time in half. 1/2 to getting stuff done that i need to & 1/2 to sitting down with the big girls to do something they can't do when the babies are awake.
today the top of my list was a shower. ellie {and my coffee} kept me company while sitting on the counter and doing her make-up.
then, i followed her downstairs. we ended up playing a game of mom-chase-and-ellie-giggle through the main floor. but, not before i captured ellie in so much of who she is....toting her blankie & baby and asking me to join her sweet, little world.
big girl craft time now! how's your day going? what was the top of your list today? {so thankful i got my shower checked off!}1:33 pm
4:25 pm
just taught Clay the cutest trick EVER. say "kiss" & get this:
8:45 pm
wow, that was a big gap, huh? we do early dinner, baths and babies to bed. ellie goes shortly after. the "big" girls get time with us then. tonight we played wii bowling. matt beat all 3 of us, but it was my first time playing with ours so i've challenged him to a re-match for tomorrow.
i read a chapter of Junie B. Jones to them and it is time for bed! now, i've cleaned out the fridge and cleaned up dinner. {you don't want to see pictures of that, i'm sure.}
now it is time to go sit with matt and catch up on our days. thanks for sharing in my day. i loved hearing from you.
the end:


I love this!
ReplyDeleteI am sitting in my jammies working on a blog post, thinking I need to get up and be productive but not quite finding the energy.
I was all ready to run some errands with Boo today...but she just told me she wants to stay home. Strange of her...might push for a trip to the library though...get out of the house a bit.
ReplyDelete11 times? Really?
HOW STINKING CUTE!!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, they are so cute!
ReplyDeleteMan.. they are sooo cute!
ReplyDeleteI'm sitting at work trying to find something other than work to be doing! :)
Precious! I am trying to get back into the groove of working, which, as you can see, is going quite well ;-)
ReplyDeleteSuch a sweet photo! :)
ReplyDeleteoh my gosh...that pic of them two underneath the highchair is SO adorable!
ReplyDeleteI love all three photos. I made my first sling for Colton (now 7 months) and I'm thinking it's about time to make a bigger one.
ReplyDeleteAs for keeping the floor clean...I don't think I'd be able to do that. I hate cleaning the floor.
Beautiful necklace, but I really love the picture of you and Clay!
ReplyDeletewhat a gorgeous necklace! i am really wishing i had your sakura sling for my son for christmas get-togethers! would have been so much easier!
ReplyDeleteWell, since you asked and since I'm sitting here with MY list on the desk in front of me.... at the top of my list today was grocery shopping (Boo). But the good news is that I've crossed out 6 of the 10 items on my list already, so I'm feeling somewhat productive!
ReplyDeleteWhat fun to see your day in action :) The necklace is beautiful, and I love the photos of art time!
ReplyDeleteDid get Boo out for the errands, library was first. lol
ReplyDeleteI forget the little ones that crawl on the floors...it makes more sense when I think of it that way.
I love the twins under the high chairs! That is one of Audrey's hiding spots too.
ReplyDeleteYour gifts are so special! And I really love your coffee cup too!
Big sister walking with her blankie and stuffed animal...I love love love that picture.
Sweeping sucks doesn't it???
um your day is awesome
ReplyDeleteand kisses?
perfect.
kisses...how stinking cute is he. Love it!
ReplyDeleteHe's adorable.
ReplyDeleteMy goal for the day was to clean the floors. I mopped on my hands and knees. I made the kids vacuum upstairs and down. Hubs mopped on his hands and knees. I cleaned bathrooms. For no other reason than that I wanted a clean house. Go figure.
Better to have your hands full than empty!
ReplyDeleteThat necklace is beautiful. I'd love if you posted like this at least once a week! :)
ReplyDeletesteph
OHMYGOODNESS! That kissing face is delicious. Loved being a part of your day.
ReplyDeleteBri
I like Clay's shirt.:) And that last picture, oh my.
ReplyDeleteAww, the best post I've read in a while!!! LOVED a little glimpse into a day with you and your sweet cherubs!! The necklace made me tear up too, wow, what a sweet sentiment..so true! And the sweeping the floor, made me tear up too...oh baby Clay is in the most PERFECT home!!! :) The kissey face...too cute for words!!!
ReplyDeleteI love this. Clayton is so cute, I'm going to have to eat him up!
ReplyDeleteI have wanted something from Vintage Pearl with my kiddos' names for the longest time! Yours is just perfect!
Love that first picture. My gosh, you've got cute kids.
It was so fun to get a glimspe of your day! Thrilled you love the necklace :)
ReplyDeleteThose dark legs are just the most beautiful thing ever! How do you keep your self from nibbling on them all day? So beautiful!
ReplyDeleteStopping by from The Vintage Pearl! Clayton is SO cute. I can't wait to be a baby-wearing mama someday. :)
ReplyDeleteLove,
{ Jacky }
at The Sweetest Petunia
Love the kisses...so cute!
ReplyDeleteAnd that necklace is amazing, what a special gift! How thoughtful!
that was fun :) I've always wanted to journal a day like that...but wondered if anyone would read it :) You have such a beautiful life, Love. Truly special!!!
ReplyDeleteJenn
jUST CAME ACROSS YOUR BLOG. lOVE LOVE love your beautiful family. We have just started the adoption process and have a blog and are starting some fundraisers. Check us out at www.campfunk.blogspot.com.
ReplyDeleteWe live in a small town in Wi where my husband is a police chief with a smaller salary of (65,000). Looking for any ideas for fundraising and such. We have 4 under 6 as well. Thoughts ideas anything...Would love to chat.You seem like my kind of girl! Love you blog. Thanks!
I am a new follower! Your blog is wonderful! Clayton is so stinkin cute!
ReplyDeleteHappy Holidays!
Jamie
lovelongtime.blogspot.com
maddiemackdesigns.blogspot.com
What a fun post! I love the cute ending! =)
ReplyDeleteI just came over from The Vintage Pearl. I love that necklace she sent you! It's beautiful!
<><, Melissa
from The Missionary Mama
I just hopped over from The Vintage Pearl, too.
ReplyDeleteIt looks like a wonderful, ordinary day. I have those in my house, too.
And I love the live blogging idea. I think I'll do it myself!
oh this picture. oh...melt me. that first picture... melt me!
ReplyDeleteNell
your babies are precious -- big and small :)
ReplyDeleteErin at The Vintage Pearl sent me over here! wow... wow... you are a beautiful woman, mom, and wife :)
Gussy
Beautiful pictures!
ReplyDeleteStopping by from The Vintage Pearl.
:)
I love your family.
ReplyDeleteAnd I have no idea how you manage to blog!
Super woman.
Nathan got me a charm necklace from the vintage pearl too! I love it!
ReplyDeletejust ordered my necklace from VP! can't wait. your babies are cute. my son asked me yesterday if we could adopt from haiti. i don't know about that - got my hands full w/ the two i adopted 12 years ago! we'll see. best to you!
ReplyDelete