fresh


it has been a beautiful, blessed year.
these pictures say it better than i ever could.

from the one of matt & i with bianca just minutes old...
to the ones with the twins so perfectly suited for each other.

chloe started kindergarten.
after 7 months of praying, anika saw her rainbow. 
{AND it was a circular rainbow.}
ellie perfected her hands on the hips stance.
bianca's arrival filled us with joy.
we fell in love with Africa.
i left a piece of my heart there.
but, also? brought a huge part of our hearts home with me.

looking forward to the next year.
to do better.
to love more.
to give until it hurts.
to have our next child revealed.
to teach.
to learn.
to be still
to cherish.
to live as though my life isn't my own.
every. single. day.
[because it is not.]

Comments

  1. such amazing memories you have captured, each so very beautiful. Happy New Year Lovelyn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh what a beautiful picture collage! love it! happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2009 in review. I love it. You are truly blessed. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your family. So much happiness in that collage. Clark pointed at the twins in the Small Paul shirts and said, "they have monkey shirts like mine" and I said "yes they do, that is Clayton and his sister Bianca" and he said, "can we play with them sometime, I think that would be really fun" and I said, "I think that would be really fun too."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a great idea! The pictures are beautiful...truly "snapshots" of your life! God bless you for all you do for Him! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look AMAZING post-birth, oh my word!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Love! How do you do the collage? Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you, everyone! it was so fun to look through the year's pictures. watching us go from a family of 5 to a family of 7.

    erin d.--tell clark we can have a play date ANY time.

    erin c.--have i told you lately that i love you?

    shauna--i e-mailed you, but it i did it in picnik.

    happy new year, friends!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your family is just so stunningly beautiful. You can see love radiating from each of you. I'm so glad to have found you in this vast virtual world.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an insanely beautiful family you have. Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, so lovely. I want to hang out with you.

    Bri

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely, love. Absolutely lovely! Destiny D.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Chills :) What a beautiful year. So glad to have met you this year, you have blessed so many!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Our friendship truly blossomed this year. So thankful for you and your whole family.

    Love,
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE your pictures!! I am always struck by the beauty that is your family!! Cant wait to see what God does in your life in 2010. Happy new year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are such a beauty Lovelyn...inside and out. I am honestly happy to have come across your story, it makes me believe in love (in everything around me) a little more than I did before.

    Wishing you and your growing family a wonderful 2010...keep letting your light shine!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So very beautiful, your family, your heart and your pictures. Happy New Year to you and yours...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh WOW, what perfect way to end one year and bring in the NEW!!! Happy New Year to y'all!!!! :D God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love them all. You had such an amazing year, and I am so glad to have been small part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful, precious and oh so sweet! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great picture collage...you have a beautiful family...Have an amazing 2010!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am in LOVE with this post.
    Such wise, beautiful words from a wise, beautiful woman:).

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ah! "To give 'til it hurts..."
    I get it now!
    Thank-you, you just made my struggle a little easier.
    I shall be back...XXxx.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts