[tiny] update

i wish that i had time to write you a beautiful post of what has happened here and post pictures for you to see these precious children. but, right now, it has to wait. i will get to that, i promise.

for now, can i ask you for prayer? God has MELTED mountains here and things are moving very quickly. it is a huge, unexpected blessing. we only have ONE step to go in order to fly home. we need Clayton's Visa.

the appointment is today at 2pm this time. (5am CST) would you pray that we can get Clay's Visa by Friday at noon so we can make our flight home Friday?!

lastly, would you tell me how i can pray for you? this has been a beautiful time of drawing VERY close to God and i'd be honored to spend some of my time lifting YOUR needs up, too!

what's that? you want one picture? okay, here's OUR SON, Clayton Elijah.....


Comments

  1. I showed Luke his picture and said, "That's Clayton. Would you like to play with him someday?" And Luke said, "Yes. Where's Clayton's mommy?" I showed him your picture and he said, "Oh, there's Clayton's mommy." Then I STARTED TO CRY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love him! I miss you AND him.

    We are praying. What to pray for us? You know. :)

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is SO beautiful! I'll be praying that things go smoothly and that your travel is easy. I'd love your prayers for clarity of mind and the self-control that only He can give me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, I can't wait to meet him. I'm so, so excited. We are going to BLOW HIS MIND with all of the hugs and kisses and squeezes and cupcakes.
    Praying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So precious. Praying all goes well and that he's on that plane with you on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh! How exciting! I'm praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. God melted mountains for you so he can come home and melt our hearts.

    Congrats and we are thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't you love having a God who can move mountains!? I will be lifting you up in prayer and i can't wait to hear how God has once again, moved a mountain, as you fly home this weekend!

    i know we've never met, but my husband and i plan on adopting from Ethiopia. And hope to start the process over the summer. If you could, and don't mind, would you mind bringing that before God? We want to start, but we want it to be HIS timeline, not ours, and right now, I just don't know when that is. Maybe its a silly request, but its kinda big to me.

    Looking forward to your next post, and more pictures of your handsome son!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG. I can't even stand how chubby LOVE he is. Squeeze, squeeze, squeeze! I've been wearing my 147 shirt for the past 3 days. No joke. (I shower, promise!) 5am is 3am my time....just about my bedtime...so I'll be thinking of you and lifting it ALL to the Lord, for he is good, and his plan is perfect.

    I better each lunch before I come visit in Feb...otherwise I might eat him right up!

    XOXO LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a face that only a mother could love ... any one who is a mother or wants to be a mother. Definitely this mother! He is absolutely delicious! Life his happy, happy face!

    "Thank you Jesus for Clayton and for bringing him and his forever family together. Please bring them all home safe on Friday. Amen." Destiny D.

    ReplyDelete
  11. God's so amazing. Please pray for God to be with my family. We have so many needs right now, but appreciate you offering. I hope your stay continues to be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful little boy :) Still sending prayers your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh how precious! Praying everything goes smoothly tomorrow and you are able to get the flight you want.

    How incredibly generous of you to offer to pray for others! Wow, you are truly an amazing person. If you would, we are in the process of adopting from Russia and have prayed that God continues to go before us and show us, without a doubt, who our child is. :)

    Thank you and I cannot wait to hear more of this story!

    ReplyDelete
  14. cannot wait to see Gods awesome and mighty power at work in continuing to make mountains melt for your family. you have SUCH favor!!

    please be in prayer for us: that we could find a way for chris to come with me to africa, that we would find caretakers for pres, that the rest of the finances would come and that we would get a courtdate as soon as humanly possible!!

    LOVE YALL!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. He's sooo beautiful! Praying all goes smoothly for you as you end this journey. I really hope I get to meet you in real life some day soon. Maybe we could have an NWI bloggy-meet up or something.

    ReplyDelete
  16. How WONDERFUL!
    :)
    Praying for a visa!
    Praying for a visa!

    How can you pray for me? I want a baby...but I want a new roof first! Pray for our roof situation! ...and a baby!
    :p

    ...now, back to you: I can't wait to see what you write as he gets home with you...and your girls...and how your life changes, and how it all comes together... I CANT WAIT TO HEAR ALL ABOUT IT!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have thought of you so often this week! God has truly showed his majesty in all of this!

    I will continue to pray for you guys! As for us, hmm....I should be raw, we need our marriage prayed for, because this whole moving back to the US, buying a house all while the husband starts a new job thing has been hard. And we want to start our family, so I want less stress!

    I cannot wait for your posts once you've brought your baby home!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This picture made.my.day. Love the smile, love to see your dreams coming true so soon.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love,

    I will be praying for your family, and that God's favor go before you as you go for Clayton's Visa. I am also pursing an adoption from Uganda. Please pray that God speaks as clearly to me about who my children are as he has to you.

    God Bless,

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh, friends! thank you for your prayers. i'm settling in outside, with a cup of coffee, overlooking kampala to happily pray for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh what a little heart melter! I'll be praying for swiftness and a safe flight home...SO excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am so excited for your family, I pray that your trip home is safe and uneventful. I pray that he travels so smoothly there is never a concern.

    Prayer for us...hope, patience and open mindedness. It has been a rough few weeks.

    Fly safe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. He is adorable - look at those chubby little hands and cheeks! So happy for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Longtime reader, first time commenter... so, so, so excited for you! What an amazing journey. Thank you for taking the time to document and share this with us!

    My husband-to-be and I are so frustrated. We live in a large metropolitan area and have been trying to buy a home for the last few months. Every time something that seems right comes along, it doesn't work out. We're so eager to find the home where we'll start our own family... we know it'll come at the right time, but we'd love a prayer both for the right home and a bit more patience and understanding throughout this process!

    Again, thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing your journey here. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers!

    xo,
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  25. You son... that has such a beautiful ring to it!

    Nell

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am so behind on blog reading and I am just now catching up here!

    Praying that you were able to come home with your adorable baby boy!

    God is awesome! i am so happy for your family!

    Britt

    ReplyDelete
  27. praying for mountains to continue melting. and for protection, safety, blessings, health,...your family together again--and complete.

    ReplyDelete
  28. He has such an infectious smile!! What a little cutie-patootie! I love his name too... (and his middle name! ;) )

    Continues prayers for your family! Off to check your most recent post... Yippee! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts