add another to the list

another victory? that:

after much prayer & deciding not to take all the recommended vaccines for my travel....

after having a little piece of my heart broken* to introduce a bottle to our 9 month old who had previously only known me...

after pumping every 4 hours while in Africa for the [combined] 25 days....

yes, even in the airplane bathroom....

we still spend much of our day like this:


*[i'm passing no judgement bottle vs. breast here. i'm just saying for ME 
and because this was a voluntary choice to leave for Africa, therefore separating us.]

Comments

  1. So precious! Awesome that you were able to pump while you were there! Have you ever thought about nursing Clayton?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, i really had hoped to nurse clay. i tried. he thought i was CRAZY. ; )
    the orphanage give the kids a regular cup as soon as they can sit up. they learn quickly to not spill it or there's no food. they also quickly forget how to suck. =(

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol at Clay thinking you're crazy! I can just imagine that... I'm surprised even seeing her doing it that he isnt curious. Do you provide him pumped milk or anything??

    I love that she still remembered how to nurse when you returned. I was so nervous when I had H1N1 and decided not to nurse at all for 7 days that Miles would completely forget. He was SO excited when he was finally able to nurse again. Even now, he's pretty much 100% on pumped milk, he still gets really excited at the thought of nursing! He's just has WAY better things to do then sit down with me for 5 minutes. :) But we still try everyday..

    (have you noticed the last like 4 pictures of Clay he has his thumb in his mouth in every one? Love it!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is definitely something to rejoice about. What a gift! And, I love that photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy. I really did pray that she'd still want to nurse when you returned. I know that you were willing to make that sacrifice, but I also know how much you wanted her to continue, and I'm so happy she did.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um, yes. We need to talk about this. Such a beautiful pic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picture! I'm a nursing mom of a 14 month old. I understand your victory!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow..so awesome!! How old is Clay??? so happy for you guys...isn't 5 kids great (and crazy :)?? I wouldn't have it any other way..I love the craziness and YES, getting 5 little ones out the door in the AM is pretty insane :) too funny, kristi

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE this!!!! I nursed all three of my boys until at least two and I wouldn't have it any other way! So happy for you and your determination. I always said that if we adopted I would nurse that baby too-but when you're talking about a two-year-old...well, maybe not! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the picture!! So precious... I love the thumb sucking too, lol! It's to-die-for cute! :) (I've never had a thumb-sucker *sigh*)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah! I nurse my baby girl every day (she's 14 months) and it is the most wonderful experience. I'm so happy you were able to continue.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, that takes dedication, pumping and keeping that supply up while in a whole other world... you are amazing!!

    By the way, I gave you a blogger award, if you want to swing by and pick it up @ My Life... in words , feel free. Thanks for sharing your adoption journey with us!

    ReplyDelete
  13. good job mama!!

    (oh how I miss days like that!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is awesome! Yay - for being back in the swing of things!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely adorable! Please tell me you will have an 8x10 of this pic done and framed...it's gorgeous and moving. Says so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I love this. Glad you were able to pump, I know how exhausting it is.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this. Having the ability to make that difficult choice, and having her slide right back into it is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment