my [heart]

Thank you for your prayers and support while I was gone. And thank you for your patience while I tried to figure out how to document our journey right now. The truth is, I still don't really know. What we do know is that through many miraculous circumstances, God led this boy to us at the exact right time. My heart knows him....loves him. There are still processes to go through and paper work to clear, but God-willing, he will be our son. It is very strange, and slightly depressing, to have someone you love so much on another continent....but I continue to trust His plan for our family. Please pray for our boy to stay healthy and happy while he waits for his forever family to return. I hope to journal more of the process, but for now, please meet
Clayton Matthew...

(please do turn up your volume!)

Comments

  1. oh how precious! He is beautiful!

    Maybe I missed something... but weren't you going to adopt 2 boys?

    praying for you all!

    Britt

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, Britt! yes, we still feel called to 2 children, but haven't been shown the other one yet. there is a boy and a girl at the orphanage that clayton is at that we are praying about.

    THANK YOU for your prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr. Clayton Matthew is just precious! Best wishes to you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing!! I LOVE the video and can see his special sweetness shine through in it! You look sooo happy and content when you're with him. I PRAY that he'll be home with his family soon! Blessings and peace while you wait...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chills and tears, Love. He's so beautiful and happy, and you can tell he's yours. I can't wait to meet him and nibble on those chubby fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That video says more than words ever can. What a beautiful son and I hope he comes home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is beautiful! I have tears streaming down my face right now... saying prayers for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are all adorable!
    Praying everything works out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. He's just Beautiful Love!

    Can you send me an e-mail? I have a questions about the t-shirt.
    Thanks!
    Canela

    jewelrybycanela@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I stumbled upon your blog: LOVE the video and soo happy for you!! We have three boys and have made the decision to adopt a little girl (or two) from Africa. I am wondering....I understand Uganda is difficult to adopt from because they have a requirement of 3-year residency. Can you help me? My email is cholo5@wescomm.com if you have time to write.
    Congrats Again!
    Thank you,
    Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  11. Be Still My Heart! He is Beautiful, just like you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sooooo beautiful!!! All of you!!! Sending prayers for you all - may you have your son home with you so so so soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow.. I am speachless.
    I wish I could just call up and order one.
    Those shots of all those babies playing together just breaks my heart (in a good way..)
    I hope more people are lead to help them out as you have been.

    May all your prayers recieve true and concise answers..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Once I stopped crying...I still could not get over just how beautiful he is and just how perfect he really is in your arms.

    I can't wait for the day he is home with all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so special. I am so glad I came to your blog, it really made me feel positive. I hope Clayton comes home soon. You all are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. He is just TOO CUTE!!! And what a happy little guy too - wow. I can imagine how hard it must have been to leave without him. But November will be here before you know it!! And from what I've read, you have a ton of people praying for you, your family and the little man. Also, what a fantastic video - I've seen a number of them, but yours was the best. Just incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  17. He is absolutely radiant. He looks so content and fulfilled in your arms. I just started reading and am so enjoying this journey with you! Congratulations and I will be uplifting him in my prayers until his momma is there to bring him home!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tears!!
    What an awesome little movie!
    How in the world did you do this, I'd love to make one of my daughter for some distant family.

    Congrats on finding the new addition to your family. I'd say he's a keeper : )

    ReplyDelete
  19. He's gorgeous. And your heart and the hearts of your husband and children are amazing.

    Your family's journey has really struck a cord with my husband and I. I have always felt called to help in some way the people of Africa, and to adopt. Lately we've talked about if perhaps these two things are connected.

    We will be praying for your family (which includes Clayton!). May God help you bring your son home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm so in love. And inspired. I actually just posted today about adoption. I love your heart.

    Nell

    ReplyDelete
  21. OH he is absolutely adorable! :) And I see him LOVING 4 big sisters! Praying you can find that 2nd baby to adopt! Thank you for sharing Clayton with us today.

    ReplyDelete
  22. An absolutely beautiful video. God bless you and your soon-to-be little boy. All the best of luck to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  23. And may I ask, are all those children there at the orphanage also up for adoption? They are such beautiful spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  24. He is precious. I love that he smiles when he sees you! I'm praying that you bring him home soon as an addition to your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my, he's gorgeous!

    Fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm here from Steph's blog. what a great video. We, too, have been blessed by adoption. God bless as you continue your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a sweet video and little boy!!! Praying for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Found your blog through Burns Family blog. Such a beautiful boy with a big wonderful smile. Praying for God to smooth the way to bring this darling home to you. Many hugs & many more blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  29. He is so wonderfully chubby and undeniabley beautiful and most certainly, he is yours.

    PRAYING.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Coming across your blog via Beth, buying shirts to support your call, and praying blessings upon you and yours, I can't begin to convey the heartstrings that are being pulled as you move in pure obedience of God's will.

    As I watched the video, I can see the peace that the 2 of you have as he is in your arms. I can see the love pour out and reciprocate.

    What a beautiful testament of God's love as we, his children, show the love that he fills us up with.

    Praises to you and your family.

    And your son..... who waits patiently for his momma to bring him home.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Those beautiful eyes! I'll be praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh Love. Clayton is already on our fridge and we have been praying for you all this week. Tears of joy for you. Your family is so lucky to have this beautiful child in your life. I can't wait to see how God unfolds His plan for you!! JUST BEAUTIFUL!!!

    take a bow Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love,
    I come from Erin's blog. I also bought a shirt to help your cause. That video was amazing....he is so loved. Praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  34. How wonderful!I had no idea you were going to do that. Your name is so fitting for who you really are. You are filled with such Love and compassion.

    I'll pray for you and can't wait to hear more on your sweet little boy.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh Lovelyn - what a gorgeous boy!
    Those cheeks and that giggle! Hopefully we'll there together in November picking up our babies!!!

    Hugs,
    Salem

    ReplyDelete
  36. love, clayton is so precious. i can't wait till he comes home.

    it must be agonizing to wait...i am praying for you, sweets.

    ps what size is he? because you know me, i'm itching to sew him something!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. such a beautiful tribute to YOUR son! Praying he gets to come home soon!

    P.S. I LOVE my t shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  38. He is beautiful. I loved it when he was playing, saw you guys and smiled... Very sweet.

    May the paper work go smoothly so that he is in your arms soon.

    ReplyDelete
  39. The video is beautiful. Thank you for sharing it with us! Your son has a beautiful sparkle in his eye!
    He knows he is going to have a wonderful life with you as his mother.
    I once spent 3 weeks in Romania with a friend who was adopting a little girl there, this was prior to international adoption laws. It was a hard long but one of the most amazing experiences of my life. Today she is almost 16 years old and still calls me Mama Shari! Then I myself went through 7 years of infertility treatments and while doing this we started the adoption process - We finaly gave birth to a beautiful girl - MJ and she is now 5 1/2. We put adoption on hold - but I think I will show the video to DH - maybe we should start thinking about it again.
    thank you for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Your video was proof that God still moves in the heart of His people. Our family will be praying that your adoption goes as quickly and easily as possible. Blessings! Destiny

    ReplyDelete
  41. How precious it was to watch that...

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love,
    So glad the Lord granted you safe travels and led you to Clayton. What a *precious* boy!! I so admire and respect the way you're being Jesus in this world: by not leaving him an orphan and showing love, love, love. Thanks for an amazing post and video.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Oh, he is absolutely beautiful. What a sweet little guy. I can't wait until you get to bring him home to you!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Beautiful Love! Can't wait for you to bring him home.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Anxiously awaiting a new update ;) *hint hint*

    Nell

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment