let love grow
it is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you can live as you wish.
~mother teresa
this quote has moved me. not just touched my heart or made me think, but moved me. to action.
in our life of privilege, entitlement and quick fixes, this reality is hard to swallow. it is easy to write off as dramatic or irrelevant. irrelevant because it seems so far away, or even because it seems too big. dramatic? it is not.
26,000 children DIE everyday from preventable causes.
1 child DIES every 5 seconds from hunger related illness.
me?
i awakened this morning in my warm, comfy bed.
i took a long, hot shower.
i chose from clothes in my closet, on my floor, in my dresser, or draped over furniture.
i made my coffee, and later almost complained when i didn't get to it before it was cold.
i played with my girls and tripped over toys.
...my warm, nourished, fearless, flourishing girls.
i eagerly clicked on the air conditioning when it got a little warm.
i did laundry with a push of the button.
i skipped the cloth diapers for the easy disposables today...just because.
i texted my husband and fixed 3 full meals.
i threw some food away. at.each.meal.
i spent $4.26 on a iced coffee.
i wore shoes. one of my too many pairs of shoes.
couldn't my list go on forever? yes. do i think any of these things are bad? no....i know that these things are a blessing. i am thankful every day that my eyes have been opened. but, my heart has been opened to making sure that i am doing enough. that i am grateful. that i am making a difference.
because in the end, it is not going to matter about the economy. it is not going to matter what i blamed on the government. it is not going to matter how much i felt it.
what did i do about it? how did i love? how did my faith show up in my deeds?
so, that mother teresa quote? i love it with everything in me. it is a call to action. children are dying because of the the way i am living. they are dying...
may i NEVER be arrogant, overfed or unconcerned. may i ALWAYS help the poor and needy. (regarding Ezekiel 16:49)
our new adoption fund-raising shirt, Let Love Grow:
front: tree with "let love grow"
back: "it is a poverty that a child must die so that you may live as you wish"
~mother teresa
Adult shirts XXS-L: $23
Adult shirt XXL: $24
Baby 3-6 months - 4T: $17
(all prices include tax and s/h)
clockwise from bottom:
green with grey tree: 3-6m, 6-12m, 12-18m, 2T, 3T, 4T & adult M, L, XL
navy with grey tree: adult XS - XXL
oatmeal with brown square/green tree: adult XS - XXL
orange with brown square/green tree: adult XS - XXL
charcoal grey with light grey tree: 3-6m, 6-12m, 12-18m, 2T, 3T, 4T & adult XS-XXL
purple with purple square/white tree: adult M, L
brown with aqua tree: 3-6m, 6-12m, 12-18m, 2T, 3T, 4T & adult XXS - XXL
-----------------------------------------------------
i have limited quantity left of the 147 {million} baseball tee. i am so excited to know you are out there walking around shouting about the orphans of the world. they need us. if you bought one, will you PLEASE take a picture and send it to my friend, beth? (foldinglaundry AT gmail DOT com) i heard she's doing a secret project with them. please help us sell out of the remaining sizes to make room for new designs!
i leave in FOUR days for Africa!! i can feel my heart being torn between my family that is on 2 different continents. i am thankful for this process, but i can just imagine the feeling that i will have when all my family is finally together. so soon!
the pre-order for the African paper bead necklaces is still going. i cannot wait to purchase these from the women there. would you consider buying some for christmas gifts? you get a beautiful, handmade piece of jewelry....help an African woman feed her family...and help our babies home to their forever family!!
we appreciate your love and support so much. every comment, prayer, purchase, e-mail is SUCH a blessing. thank you for that and thank you for loving on our babies already!



I am always so touched by your posts. I love my shirt, and I will be supporting your fundraising.
ReplyDeleteThat quote really puts things in perspective.
My friend Erin sent me over here and I have to say, your decision and journey is amazing. I'm going to wear the shirt I'm buying with pride and awe.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful post, beautiful girls.
ReplyDeleteWill be ordering a new shirt!
I'm in tears, Love... I can't wait to see your family all together either! :) I imagine that the feeling will be overwhelming and you'll be overcome.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the new shirts! Beautiful! Bless you!!
I'm wearing my new shirt right now and I can't get over how comfortable it is. And the meaning behind it...just adds to the awesomeness of this shirt.
ReplyDeleteLOVE IT. LOVE YOU.
I wore my shirt last night to a meeting, and everyone asked questions. I was so happy to be able to pass on your wonderful story. Now, for the next shirt.
ReplyDeleteLove it!
your tees are beautiful! have a wonderful trip!
ReplyDeleteLove the shirts!
ReplyDeleteAnd what a beautiful post. You'll be in my thoughts with your upcoming travels!
Love these shirts too!
ReplyDelete4 days until Uganda!?
Oh, good luck.
Have fun.
I'll be praying for you!
You amaze me. These shirts are gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteLove, where do I go to purchase one of these?
ReplyDeleteI am in love with your shirts-and you are doing amazing works. I wish you the best of luck in bringing your babies home and thanks for the reminder of counting our blessings (and finding ways to share them..)
ReplyDeletelove the post and the shirts. Stumbled across your blog but look forward to reading more about your journey blessings, Amy
ReplyDeleteGod has been laying this on my heart as well. Second time ive seen this quote within a few days! I bought a shirt for me and my daughter. thank you for being Jesus hands and making a difference. Isaiah 58. :) God bless you!!!
ReplyDeleteThey are beautiful. I am sad that I couldn't get a baseball tee, my size sold out before I could get a chance to order, but thankfully I will be getting a tree t! I will be praying for you and your family!
ReplyDeleteI have that Mother Theresa quote on my blog and my friend who reads your blog pointed me to your website. I just ordered two shirts for my daughter and myself. When I get the shirts I will post a picture on my website and put a link to your shirt.
ReplyDeleteGod bless you on your journey to adoption. My father was adopted and I thank his adopted parents everyday for giving him a chance.
Hello!!
ReplyDeleteI ordered one of your lovely shirts and I have a question. Could you please email me? jenny@hom3.us
Just had to stop by (found you via Folding Laundry) and wish you the best on your journey to complete your family. I was so thrilled to find that your new babies will be coming from Uganda. I had the pleasure of living there for awhile during my time in the Air Force and I can honestly say the Ugandan people have forever changed me and are without a doubt THE nicest people I have ever met. Be comforted knowing your children will be filled with an overwhelming amount of love and a wonderful outlook on life. I am enamored with your tees and will be posting about them on my site, http://www.kidsstuffworld.com . I'll be getting one for myself but hopefully I can send a few other folks your way
ReplyDeleteCongrats again,
Stacy
Love,
ReplyDeleteI'd like to add the same button to my blog that [ishouldbefoldinglaundry] has on her webpage. Would you be willing to send me the html? I love your story and continue to love my t-shirt. Wearing it now, in fact! Blessings on your family!