renewal

yes, i know it's late, but here's our family picture from this very special weekend. we had a wonderful Resurrection Sunday filled with egg hunts, great worship with our church family, serving in the newborn room, (NINE infants---i LOVE it!), lunch with an old friend, kite flying, and snuggling together to read the Easter story before bed.

i had to check myself in worship on Sunday. i was singing of Jesus' great sacrifice for me while looking around at all the beautiful spring fashion. i felt guilty for a minute. i love Easter Sunday so much. it is THE day that essentially defines my beliefs. my God died, brutally, on a cross..but on this day was Resurrected and now lives forever. He did this so I can live forever. amazing.

so, as i mentally chastised myself for my love of fashion....i quickly realized that i love just what the fashion of Easter Sunday symbolizes, too. freshness.....hope......renewal

although i have to be careful about the love of material things, my heart was truly connected to the right place in that moment of worship. it made my heart happy to see the freshness around me and to know that He is going to make all the world new again. renewal.


Comments

  1. Matt is one lucky man to be surrounded by such BEE-YOO-TEE-FULL women!! How cute are y'all in your pink and black. I LOVE IT!

    Love your message too. I heart Easter for all the same reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys all look fabulous!
    :)
    Happy Easter {late}

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute ... glad the shirts arrived! yeah ... blessings friend !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh god, that is a wonderful family-portrait.

    You all look so adorable.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This portrait is perfect...very beautiful! I know exactly what you mean about renewal...it is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my gosh - your family is TOO CUTE!! Love the photo! I wish and hope I can have ONE more girl to make it an even four, as well! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are such a beautiful family...inside and out. xo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous family! LOVE the coordinating ensembles...and the beautiful words about Easter too!

    You are blessed beyond measure!

    take a bow Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your blog and your great Mommy attitude : ) I gave you a couple awards over on my blog, come by and check it out when you can. Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY! I found you! This is Jen, from the MNO party, Lily's mom!

    I had no idea what your name was (uh...I still don't...lol) or what your blog address was, so I was really bummed that I didn't think I wouuld find you! But I just entered Steph's giveaway for teh sling, and saw someone thanking her for a fun night, so I checked out who it was and it was you! How awesome right?

    I had a great time chatting with you tonight, we really hit it off!!! (By the way, I never did my video, I was too embarassed....LOL).

    Do you twitter? If so, DM me your email. I am @mommyinstincts or just email me at mommyinstincts AT comcast DOT net. I'd love to chat more and maybe we could get together soon to talk more in person.

    Talk to you soon!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was so nice to meet you last night. You have the most precious family. I wish I had more necklaces to give you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was so nice to meet you last night. You have the most precious family. I wish I had more necklaces to give you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh.my.gosh- you have the cutest little (okay, well not so little LOL) family! I can tell you have style, because those girls loos adorable! So beautiful. It was so great to meet you last night! Can't wait to get to know you more!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad you left me a comment! I'd love to chat more with you, particularly about your bedtime routine, cuz I am needed some major help! Can you shoot me an email when you get a chance? THANKS!

    Jen
    mommyinstincts AT comcast DOT net

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love, you all look so beautiful!

    I love the hot pink coordinating outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for your comment!

    You have an absolutely adorable family! Love it!

    I look forward to reading more about your family, sounds like we might have a lot in common. {grin}

    britt

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful family you have!! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts