exhausted

this is what the day looks like {for a 2 year old} when you've decided to not sleep for any longer than 2 hours at a time during the night....for the past week.
ellie is our child that has always loved to sleep. remember her birthday post? she has always been in love with her crib. well, a week and a half ago, she began jumping out. i decided to switch to her big girl bed, and she wanted nothing to do with it. after a few trial and errors, it was decided that we were all going to just have to push through some tough nights for consistancy....and hopefully she'd be sleeping through the night in her big girl bed.
she awakened a lot at first. she would SCREAM....and sometimes go into the other girl's rooms and awaken them in the middle of the night! so, she got a gate. now we're just working through being able to sleep all night again. she's exhausted and has fallen asleep today on the floor once already....and is asleep on the couch now, as pictured above!
poor baby....a lot of growing up happens at 2. i know it is not easy! here's to hoping tonight's the night!!

Found your blog while browsing... I also have a 2 yr old. We tried switching him to a big boy bed and it didn't work for us!
ReplyDeleteSo...should I feel bad that my 3 1/2 year old is still in his crib that's converted to this day-bed thing???
ReplyDeletePoor gal! Consistancy is best! We've trained 5 now to sleep in their big girl/boy bed. It'll get better soon :o)
ReplyDeleteHow is mommy holding up?
Canela
Oh WOW! I wish you luck. I totally think you're doing the right thing. And I'm sure YOU are exhausted too!! I've been lucky that both my girls took to the big big with ease. She does look stinking cute in that pic, tho! =D
ReplyDeletepoor little thing! 2 really is a hard age!
ReplyDeletehopefully she adjusts soon . . . so everyone can sleep better!!
aw, what a little sweetie! isn't it funny how they can fall asleep in all sorts of contorted positions but can't manage to sleep in their own comfy beds? :) this too shall pass...
ReplyDeleteEeeek! Your couch is awesome!
ReplyDeletebritt