babywearing
international babywearing week is november 12-18th. remember that post below where i talked about chloe being just a tad "high-maintenance" as a newborn? the child wanted to be upright, her chest to my chest, with a rhythmic bounce and a fairly loud "sh-sh-shuuuush": ALL.THE.TIME.i adored that i was really the only one that she was truly content with. yet, i was literally exhausted at times. trying to put her in a bouncy seat right outside my shower was so stressful, that i wondered just how necessary a shower really was. let alone, getting anything else done. so, we forgot the world....we bounced and shushed.
until one day, the desire to just pick up a little was overwhelming. i remembered a sling-like contraption that i'd acquired somewhere along the way. i popped little chloe in and she was asleep within minutes. i actually got things done!
thus, began my search to find more stylish options for wearing, different holds and the different types of carriers. i've worn each of the 3 girls now......and cannot wait to wear bianca when she arrives. it is convenient and they are so content to be close. i love feeling them surrender to sleep against me.
the first picture up top is a family vacation to new york city. it was so convenient to wear ellie. i used that hotsling in a hip carry for anika while we were there, too. she loved it. but she's a natural at babywearing anyway. check out her and her baby, maya:

steph, at adventures in babywearing, is hosting a contest to win a new, super stylish sling from Nonny & Boo. thanks, steph!
Hey, I'm a huge babywearer; I've got a 7-week old. I wear a hug-a-bub.
ReplyDeleteBut I'm commenting because I found you through Erin, and I was wondering if you put all of your kids down at 6:30 pm. (Read that in an earlier post.) I do too, and I'm just making sure I'm not crazy for taking advantage that they sleep so well!
-Joanna
jblake99@aol.com
I love your babywearing story!! And great photos, too! : )
ReplyDeleteSteph
That pic of Ellie is too cute. She'll be such a good little helper when Bianca comes along!
ReplyDeleteYou just gave me great idea. I have a surprise coming your way!!
Oh..I know the days.. #1 son was like that..bounce and shush.. Your such a wonderful mommy.. Bianca is so blessed to be born into such a loving home!!
ReplyDeleteHappy belated birthday to Chloe!!
Hope you are well.
XO
~Christine
Oh, I had a HotSling with Gage too!
ReplyDeletei wore all of my babes, too. loved the closeness and the ease of it. :)
ReplyDelete