happy, happy birthday...


happiest 3rd birthday (and 1 day), anika! how fun it has been to have you be a part of our family. we were beyond excited to find out that chloe would be a big sister when she was just 4 months old. with my sister and i being just 13 months apart, i so wanted you to be a girl so you two had the chance to have that special relationship, too. i convinced myself that you were a boy. (i think so i wouldn't be disappointed.) i labored at work all night on january 17th, 2005 until you just couldn't wait anymore. i walked down to the OB floor and was so delighted to meet a little girl 12 hours later! i continually said, "she's a girl! i can't believe she's a girl!"

you were the sweetest little baby....and have grown into a sweet little toddler. i adore the way you squeeze around my neck and say, "i wub-a you, mama!" you are such a good little AND big sister! and you love to be "mommy" to your babies. they each have their names and you look out for them by feeding, changing & "shushing" everyone when they're sleeping. i love how much you look forward to your "dates with dad" and can see your admiration & respect for him already at 3. i watch your carefree spirit as you dance & spin and i pray that you'll always keep that a part of you. my heart is overflowing with love and gratefulness to be your mom.

Comments

  1. Happiest Birthday to Miss Anika! :) I hope you all are having a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful birthday post

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy birthday, sweet anika!! what a gorgeous smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy birthday anika! mia loved getting to play with you, and your babies and rock out to the doodlebops! it's so fun to watch you guys grow up together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there,

    I wanted to let ya know I'm having a "cozy corner" contest with prizes if you would like to play along.

    Have a happy day
    Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely young lady!! Happiest of Birthday wishes to you Miss Anika! May you be blessed with many many more!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhhh....I SO miss those days!!! Happy birthday Anika!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is so cute, Love! I just discovered your blog, via Natalie's and I have really been enjoying reading your posts and seeing all the pics of your beautiful girls!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday!!

    I love reading what you write to your family. You are an amazing person!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday Anika!
    Love, it's so special that you write these letters to your kids. And I love how you say "happiest birthday" - two tradtitions I think I will start to follow too!

    Hope you all are well. The picture with the balloons is very cute. Adorable smile. My middle one will be 3 next month. I can't believe how much of a little girl - and a big girl she is all at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is just adorable. My little one is 3 today. Our kiddos are really close in age. Crazy! I love the header picture, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts