need a new twist




so, on my quest to actually shed the *cough, cough* pounds that i've managed to accumulate in my 3 pregnancies in the last 3 1/2 years....i've really tried to focus on my eating habits. i'm not mentally ready to give up all things white or to totally eliminate sugar from my diet...but i am trying to be much more consciencious about what i eat. so rather than grabbing a handful of graham cracker sticks or goldfish every time i pass through the kitchen....i'm trying 3 meals and 2 healthy snacks a day. this is a big deal for me because i pass through the kitchen a LOT. every dirty diaper on it's way to the garage diaper pail, every bottle that's made, every time 2 & 3 year old need a drink, as well as normal things like sweeping the floor 12 times a day! ;)
i also tend to stay up until at least midnight...so late night snacking is so fun.

well, practically every morning for breakfast now i have this delicious concoction:

low-fat yogurt with blueberries, raspberries and low-fat granola. just the right amount of creaminess, sweetness, tartness and crunch for me! i've even had it for a late night snack when i really wanted to reach for a nutty buddy bar, too!


sooooo....i need new healthy, quick snacks to put together. what do you snack on?? (i'd love to hear what you're nutty buddy bar is too. what do you have to resist the temptation for? )

Comments

  1. My weakness at the moment is Famous Amos Bite Size Choco Chip cookies. Darn the snack machine at work! When I try to be healthier...I like the Ocean Spray Dried Cranberries or Frozen Blueberries. Good luck with the diet...you are my inspiration. I easily have about 50 lbs I can more than afford to lose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so yummy:) I need to get some berries. One of my favorite healthy snacks for summer time is a fresh (or frozen)fruit smoothy. It's so easy to make a single portion with our Magic Bullet Blender. I'll even add a packet of spenda once in a while for some no calorie sweeteness. Yum!
    Good luck on your diet! I find the easiest way to loose weight when you're busy with kids is the subconscious way of forgetting to eat. I'm so busy taking care of them that I realize around dinner time that I haven't really eaten all day! Life is crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is a great snack & so good for you! I am the same way...I don't want to go on some crazy diet where everything I eat is depressing. Nope, just cutting out the sweets (maybe having one treat a week) and empty carbs. I love rice and whole grains. You gotta try that Mango Salsa though...you will love it! It goes great with rice, black beans, & sweet corn! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My kids and I are also on a quest for healthier eating and have done research on such matters. We have found these new veggie breakfast sausages that are devine! They are by brand morning star and they are so freakin good, as well as using organic sugar which doesn't have the addictive factor in it like regular processed sugar does and it makes a big difference. snack on as much fruit and veggies as you want as many times a day as you want and if u drink ANY drinks with sugar, ie coffee, tea, coolaide, sodas...then stop that! ;) Good luck with your healthier eating!

    Lisa~

    ReplyDelete
  5. MY weakness: salty snacks. Specifically, bags of David Sunflower seeds.

    My husband bought me a bucket of sunflower seeds from Sam's Club.
    I can eat & eat & eat them until I'm bloated & thirsty!

    I'm so sure my kidneys are going to fail any moment now...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so good! I'm trying to do the same thing...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a bad snacker....You wouldn't even wanna know what I snack on! It's all bad stuff though.

    That up there looks real yummy!!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts